CFR riding

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Canadian insurance card in the mail today from 21st Century. I have driven in Canada a dozen times without one but it couldn't hurt to have the card at the cost of only a phone call. Thanks for the posts here.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have Allstate, you don't need any special CDN card.

Check with your health insurance provider, they may provide for transport and have easy to-do lists of things to do if hospitalized in CDN. Healthnet says, save the receipts and turn them in to add cost to my high deductible plan. :rolleyes: They cover ground and air transport up to 3K.

A friend of my wifes was in a skiing accident in BC last xmas and the insurance co (we have same thru work) didn't cover here transport home.

I got coverage for $108, they will get you to a hospital close to home if you are more than 100 miles away.

R

somebody posted a link to some insurance coverage that included medivac coverage, I can't for the life of me find that post.
Anybody have it?

R
I'm not sure this is what your looking for it's evacuation coverage https://www.medjetassist.com/plans/motorcycle.aspx
If you're an AMA member they offer this discount:

Discount on MASA membership

MASA provides a variety of emergency services to its members. An annual membership fee of $240 for an individual or $360 for an entire family earns you all the benefits of MASA membership. Benefits include emergency air transportation, vehicle return and more. Normally, there is a one-time $60 initiation fee, but AMA members who join MASA will have the initiation fee waived. More information can be found at www.medairservices.com/ama.

My insurance carrier faxed me a "Canada Non-Resident" ID card.
Just got off the phone with GEICO agent, who tells me (after checking with supervisor) that such a card IS required and that they cannot fax or e-mail me the ID card, since it MUST be on a special paper to be recognized by Canadian officials (presumably RCMP or other LEOs). So, she's overnighting me the card (hopefully to be here by tomorrow), and if for any reason I don't get it by end of day tomorrow (Friday), to call them and make arrangements to get it at one of their offices on our way north (like maybe Coeur d'Alene first thing Monday morning?).

I specifically mentioned that I had a friend (referring to you, Mike) whose insurer I did not know, who had gotten one faxed. That sent her to the supervisor, and she came back to tell me that she was sure that was an error due to the paper it had to be on.

Just reporting the issue is all.

My insurance carrier faxed me a "Canada Non-Resident" ID card.
Just got off the phone with GEICO agent, who tells me (after checking with supervisor) that such a card IS required and that they cannot fax or e-mail me the ID card, since it MUST be on a special paper to be recognized by Canadian officials (presumably RCMP or other LEOs). So, she's overnighting me the card (hopefully to be here by tomorrow), and if for any reason I don't get it by end of day tomorrow (Friday), to call them and make arrangements to get it at one of their offices on our way north (like maybe Coeur d'Alene first thing Monday morning?).

I specifically mentioned that I had a friend (referring to you, Mike) whose insurer I did not know, who had gotten one faxed. That sent her to the supervisor, and she came back to tell me that she was sure that was an error due to the paper it had to be on.

Just reporting the issue is all.

What Rich said! from Foremost agent!

Hi guys and gals: Whatever you carry as valid proof of motorcycle insurance in your home state will also be acceptable in every province of Canada. No need for a special "Canadian" card! Different deal however in Mexico!
Your US medical insurance may or may not cover you in Canada, but you will never be turned away from a Canadian hospital because of being unable to show proof of ability to pay. The "travel medical" policies referenced above are valuable as they will usually pay any Canadian medical bills directly, whereas you might have to front the money if you're relying on your US medical insurance.

I like this answer.

Hi guys and gals: Whatever you carry as valid proof of motorcycle insurance in your home state will also be acceptable in every province of Canada. No need for a special "Canadian" card! Different deal however in Mexico!
Your US medical insurance may or may not cover you in Canada, but you will never be turned away from a Canadian hospital because of being unable to show proof of ability to pay. The "travel medical" policies referenced above are valuable as they will usually pay any Canadian medical bills directly, whereas you might have to front the money if you're relying on your US medical insurance.

I like this answer.
WORD!

I like this answer.
WORD!
Good then, I won't worry about it if it doesn't arrive tomorrow before Saturday's departure. Can't wait to see and ride some of your beautiful province and enjoy the company. BTW, Jeff (BikeEffects) delivered something in a sealed envelope to give you when we get there.

I like this answer.
WORD!
Good then, I won't worry about it if it doesn't arrive tomorrow before Saturday's departure. Can't wait to see and ride some of your beautiful province and enjoy the company. BTW, Jeff (BikeEffects) delivered something in a sealed envelope to give you when we get there.
Ride carefully Rich - you are delivering some CFR swag which Jeff so kindly donated! :yahoo: