Changing FJR Footpegs.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Anyone ever changed the riders footpegs? I'm thinking of fitting the broader pegs from the V-Max. Will they fit?

Regards, Glenn. B)

Definately possible to swap out foot pegs. In a pinch one can even fit a passenger foot peg on the riders mount. I'm assuming all pegs are made alike (same size) so I dont see why it wouldnt work.

Definately possible to swap out foot pegs. In a pinch one can even fit a passenger foot peg on the riders mount.  I'm assuming all pegs are made alike (same size) so I dont see why it wouldnt work.
Ask him how he knows this. :D

Definately possible to swap out foot pegs. In a pinch one can even fit a passenger foot peg on the riders mount. I'm assuming all pegs are made alike (same size) so I dont see why it wouldnt work.
I just looked on the FJR and it appears the main and passenger pegs have different dimensions from the edge of the peg to the pivot hole. I doubt it would work.

I wish it did, because often a low-side that does fairly minor damage will break the footpeg and make the bike difficult to ride home. Swapping the pegs would be a good MacGyver trick to have. On another bike, I rode home 2K miles using a Home Depot shelf bracket tie-wrapped to the peg mount - no fun. The main and passenger pegs were just enough diffferent that I couldn't get he passenger peg to work.

- Mark