Cheap Ebay Heated Grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody ever try or hear anything about the cheapo heated grips off Ebay? The install sure looks easy if I can figure out how to remove the factory grips.
Something like these for $45

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-...=item5885030e58
The factory grips come off really easy. Some people use an air compressor and blow air in between the grip and the handlebar. I just used pressure from the control side and it slowly slipped off.

The technical people here will tell you why you shouldn't use them but I've used them and they work ok

Anybody ever try or hear anything about the cheapo heated grips off Ebay? The install sure looks easy if I can figure out how to remove the factory grips.
Something like these for $45

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-...=item5885030e58
The factory grips come off really easy. Some people use an air compressor and blow air in between the grip and the handlebar. I just used pressure from the control side and it slowly slipped off.
They look good to me and similar to "Hot Grips" in appearance that cost double that. BTW, if you don't have air compressor as mentioned, I just use a long thin screwdriver to work all the way up the OEM grip and then spray a little Dupont Teflon Multiuse spray (with the little red straw dealie) and then easily work the screwdriver all the way around the grip with that slick lubricating stuff helping and just slide the grip off. When putting new ones on I put on same way and let it alone until dries and usually no slippage at all and no need for grip glue but OK if you want to.

doctorj

Thanks for the replies. I agree the Oxford looks like a better product and from a reputable company that I've read good reviews on. I also like that the oxford uses LED's that can be seen at night. Looks like they run about $70 online. Will probably wait till summer/fall to install.

Latest posts