Cheap HIDs? Is it possible??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the BiXenon kit I have used in the past:

????

[SIZE=18pt]Unable to connect [/SIZE]
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at mail.k1200lt.net.
Sorry, major database re-structure on the server this week. Slight periods of downtime. Picture should be back now.

FWIW, my experience with the solenoid type is that they are rock solid and the real surprise was that the HID capsule is re-positioned faster than the halogen H4 changed from low to high beam. I mean that baby moves RIGHT NOW between low and high beam.

I intend to try this (which is very similar to the kit offered by the company in post 1) in my FJR soon. I'll report back.
So are you doing both bulbs in the FJR? 2 kits, each kit has 1 moving bulb right? Your picture is just showing the one, right? I just want to make sure I understand what you are using.

I intend to try this (which is very similar to the kit offered by the company in post 1) in my FJR soon. I'll report back.
So are you doing both bulbs in the FJR? 2 kits, each kit has 1 moving bulb right? Your picture is just showing the one, right? I just want to make sure I understand what you are using.
Yeah. Some bikes only have one headlight bulb (most sport bikes?), so they would use a single capsule kit. I'm sure he's talking about getting a pair of those and running twice as much stuff. All the kits I pointed to are dual capsule set ups. So they are ready for the 2 light setup on the FJR.

I actually did some comparison testing on my '04 with an HID on one side and a halogen in the other. One HID is better than two halogens. The point is you want to do this in pairs on your FJR. He was just showing an example. There's lots of kits and options out there. Just go to eBay and drool. Makes me want to put an HID in everything I own. The light is phenominal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you need two kits. To be clear, I've not yet tried the kit pictured in my post in my FJR. Only in my KLR650, Triumph Bonneville, and a Honda so I don't know for sure it will work in the '06 FJR because I don't know how much room exists behind the OEM bulb connector for the solenoid. You only need an extra 1.5" but that may or may not be possible.

WC would know I'm sure.

Yes, you need two kits. To be clear, I've not yet tried the kit pictured in my post in my FJR. Only in my KLR650, Triumph Bonneville, and a Honda so I don't know for sure it will work in the '06 FJR because I don't know how much room exists behind the OEM bulb connector for the solenoid. You only need an extra 1.5" but that may or may not be possible.

WC would know I'm sure.
You have that much room on both generation FJRs. No problem. The only tough part might be getting the hold down clip around the servo. I still think even that will work. Go for it!

Saw these on another board, what are your opinions on them -
https://www.cqlight.ca/product_info.php?cPa...;products_id=86

I mean for $260 bucks you are getting 2 Bi-xenon lights right??? Direct replacement for current bulbs in the feejer and should light up the road right?? I know they dont have 4300k which is supposed to be the best for visual quality, but at 5000k its pretty close...

What do you think??
Well, did you get them? If so, any followup?