Cheapest Farkle you'll ever encounter - only $1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here in upstate NY, I have to ride in to work on some pretty chilly mornings. On those days, I would get fog on the inside of my face shield since the little vents didn't work all that great. To fix it, I used some of that plastic sheet metal edge guard - it works great. Two little pieces keep the shield about an 1/8" open - just about right to get a nice air flow into my helmet. Works well on warm days too... If you want a pair of these, just like as shown below, send me a SASE (use the address in my profile) and a $1 bill and my wife will get them off to you. I'm too busy making racks you know.....

Oh, no PMs on these please...

Thanks!

P6230055.jpg

P6230056.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My Shoei helmet has a little lever on the left side to crack the shield open just a tad. Good idea, though. Sometimes the best ideas cost the least.

On the same note (Cheap Farkle), A few FeeJeR's who I meet up at Americade asked me where I got this... I told them I made it and will make it for them for $50....

DSCN2582.jpg

DSCN2581.jpg

Then I told them I got it from Target for $8! It's being held on by a suction cup!

Best Farkle I ever got!

Compasses??? What are ya? A bunch of Retired Florida-bound geezers drivin' Mercury Grand Marquis', too??? :p

Half the fun of getting lost is...well...getting lost and riding more... :)

Last time I checked, my GPS does a good job of telling me where North is...

I use the sun as a backup. ;)

Just like the radar detector (as I tell the LEO when he ask's me why I have it on the bike)

For information purposes only..... :glare: