Check those fender extenda's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found this one on Flea Bay for $26. The model number matches, but I am unsure if it a true Fenda Extenda......any thoughts?

Auction Link
I believe true Fenda Extenda's are made by Pyramid, in England.
On my non-ABS Gen1, I bolted the Fenda Extenda with two counter sunk bolts, and used chrome acorn nuts on the exterior fender side, looks clean.

My ABS Gen1 I just got has a Fenda Extenda already glued to it, I'm thinking of bolting that one too. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
As with many things, proper preparation is critical.

Mine was still stuck on after 220,000 miles when my FJR was totaled after it's 4th crash. I was not easy on it.

Being in somewhat of a rush to get my (new to me) '05 on the blacktop I never thought to run a search for info on a 'proper' fenda-extenda install.

So mine didn't even make it a thousand miles!

I vaguely remember something hitting the bottom of the bike, which was later determined to be the FE, but I'm not even sure which state I was in! :huh:

They're pretty close together, here in the east.

My fenda-extenda has been secure for 80k miles. I not only used glue but also 3 small (#6 i think) mashine screws with acorn nuts.

Why worry about it? Takes about five minutes to put a two or three self-tapping screws in from the inside of the fender. I just let them go right through and then ground off the points with a dremel or grinder. Or a file. I guess I really don't see why some forum folks feel so hesitant about putting a hole or two through in the plastic. It's not like you'll be taking the thing off later and leaving unsightly holes behind, is it? Anyway, no worries about it coming off. Ever.

No way will I put screws in now! way too many curious questions to go unanswered...

Will my glue hold (ABS)

Will I put enough miles no the FJR to ever see the FleaBay Extenda separate in flight?

Will I own the bike long enough?

Hell... For all I know that sucker already departed the pattern :huh:

Glad I was cruizing the forum and saw this as I had bought one from CYCLENUTZ and saw the screws packaged. Couldn't pull the trigger to put screws in so sat on my hands for the last 1-1/2 months while contemplating or in other terms you fill in___. Glad I saw the ABS glue method.

Guess it's time to get off my a_ _ and get to it. THANKS