Checking viability of Muzzy 4 into 1 full system group buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animalrooster41

Reaction score
So, as I posted earlier, Muzzy no longer makes the 4 into 1 full system ON A INDIVIDUAL BASIS. I talked to Dave at Muzzy and he told me they will manufacture them only for group buy of 20 or more. I want one for the weight savings and to free up maybe 5 extra ponies. Weight savings is about 25 lbs to the rear of the bike. They have a silent core option for about $40 extra. The carbon fiber can (although more expensive) is almost 2 lbs lighter than their stainless can. Lets see if we have 20 interested or more in this, then we can do a group buy. Sign up below if interested.

I'd highly recommend the Quiet Core option. They used to have a Titanium can option, too -- I have one. As far as I know, the only difference in the SS, Ti and CF cans is the outer sleeve material, so the difference in weight is limited to the difference in the weights of a sleeve made of those materials. Good luck setting this up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks exskibum, this will be for gen II 06-08. The price for the basic aluminum can full system will be $699.00 and an additional $43 for the silent core option if you want it.

count me in for the carbon can and silencer I was going to wait for end of November but since they canceled individual sales no choice now hopefully we have a month or so till we hit 20 Need to get finances ready

Absolutely get the silencer. I ordered it as an option for myself to install and I did so in less than a week. Same great sound just muted and no drone on the highway which was a problem without the silencer baffle.

I got mine in 2010 directly from Muzzy, and yes I am still able to touch the midpipe down with a Wilbers shock. Happens just before the pegs would have touched, so just keep that in mind. Not really a problem though. Also, the oval can looks much better on the FJR, so definitely go for that option.

Also, if I remember right it was a total of about 15lbs total, not 25. The header system is only 2lbs less than the stock one even though it has no cats, IIRC 8lbs vs. 6lbs.

Well, I started this thread about 2 weeks ago. I was hoping for a bigger turnout, but, oh well. Looks like we don't have near enough interested. I guess I will give my business to dale walker hole shot for at least the header, maybe the whole system. Sorry guys.

Well, I started this thread about 2 weeks ago. I was hoping for a bigger turnout, but, oh well. Looks like we don't have near enough interested. I guess I will give my business to dale walker hole shot for at least the header, maybe the whole system. Sorry guys.
Great effort! I know for myself the bike is plenty fast enough for what I use it for (LD) and I like the quiet of the stock pipes. I do like the Muzzy in one area and that is that it's a 4 into 1 vs 4 - 2, but I guess I just have plenty of other priorities before I'd ever think of doing an exhaust change.

No reason to be sorry for sure AR...