CHP enforcing dot exausts in SoCal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since when is anything posted on this forum taken as gospel?

I would question some of the "facts" of the original post.

Big picture. Look at the big picture, folks.

Well, that post came from Rogue_Biker over at st.n. He's rather well respected there and is in the know of all things OC. Apparently, he was there at the scene of the, um, crime.

Clicky

Well, that post came from Rogue_Biker over at st.n. He's rather well respected there and is in the know of all things OC. Apparently, he was there at the scene of the, um, crime.
Clicky
Ok, so I read the first page of that thread. Same old BS to me. Post a topic that will get people's attention. Let the assumptions go nutso. Let the irrational rants fly. So predictable.

Rogue_Biker may be well respected, but exactly what does he know for sure? From his own direct observation? I still say, what is fact?

Does anybody know for sure the CHP was ticketing vs. warning vs. educating on the non-compliant pipes?

I am in total agreement with "thatman" that they can't ticket unless they saw you riding the bike, and that they can't *make* you start your bike. My B.S. meter is pegged on some of these supposed events.

OldSalt says one guy got a ticket for 2mph over. Third party BS once again. People don't get tickets for 2mph over the limit unless they really piss off the cop after the stop, in which case they deserve whatever they get IMHO.

Oh, and all the eloquent rants about cops/laws/policing/tax dollars at work. Whatever. Same old tired BS.

The whole thing sounds like a good sea story to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rogue_Biker may be well respected, but exactly what does he know for sure? From his own direct observation? I still say, what is fact?
Um, what is the color of a clear blue sky? If those were his observations, then those were his observations. :dntknw:

Um, what is the color of a clear blue sky? If those were his observations, then those were his observations. :dntknw:
Were they ALL his observations? Or were there some simple observations (saw lots of CHP) followed by assumptions (they were ticketing everybody and making them start bikes.)

Or perhaps I did not read closely enough.

It matters not. It's still the same old tired inflammatory type posting.

And as for you, I've got a can of STFU with your name on it.

:****:

The "big picture" is the local citizens (and possibly first-responders or the local state representative receiving letters and phone calls) complaining about the bikers. On some of the roads down there they (the cyclists) manage to maim and kill themselves with some regularity. When the bikes become a nuisance then the police will be asked to enforce so-called nuisance laws. Its all about control, i.e., if we have no self-control then control from another source will be forced upon us (the biking community).

For those who complain about how loud the V-twin cruisers are, have you listened to a V-twin sportbike with a set of pipes when he's "on the throttle"? I call a group of 4-cyl sportbikes a "swarm" because they sound like a bunch of angry bees (And I love the sound of a 4-cyl bike engine). Yeah, I know its all in fun, but.....believe it or not, the local highways and byways are not "our personal roadrace track". (Those who know me can attest that I'm not "Mr. Touring", so I'm not completely innocent)

I once read, "The law is for the lawless." We try to negotiate or justify how far into the "lawless" category we have ventured. For the record, I don't like the whole idea but the answer lies within ourselves.

If the "facts" are as reported, the onus is on the SoCal bikers who frequent those particular roads to clean up their act. Or find other roads. ;)

And as for you, I've got a can of STFU with your name on it.

:****:
Ahhh-no one's done 3000 in 24 yet. Time fer a ride mebbe? :p
Most definitely!!!

In fact, I will be taking one this weekend that ends at TWN's house for some fine, home cooked vittles. Well, they were going to be fine until my above post.

Speaking of the above quote, it seems I rattled some chains with my prose.

C'mon folks, the 'nut and I are good buddies. Not the first time we have had a bit of back and forth. And for youse that didn't know that...............

Smileys!!!! Presence of smileys.............

:****: :****: :****: :****: :****:

I was up on Palomar this morning on my FZ1....I guess that I miss all of the excitement because I climb the east side of the hill. There were no CHP on the hill this morning.

But, I was riding the weekend of the 10th as well. Before I was going to go up Palomar, I had stopped in Santa Ysabel. While there I was talking to a couple of guys who were talking about Palomar. They had said that there was a 5 bike pile up in one of the corners. They also said that the first bike went down, then the others followed. They thought that it was because someone had laid down gravel in the road.

My first thoughts were....ya right....well maybe if there were some sick fellars in the trees taking video.

Anyways, the CHP were probably there trying to discourage other riders from riding fast. Because they just got done scooping up 5 riders down the road. They were already in the area.

I only see them up there when someone calls them up there....usually because someone is riding over their head and got spilled.

Ok, so I read the first page of that thread. Same old BS to me. Post a topic that will get people's attention. Let the assumptions go nutso. Let the irrational rants fly. So predictable.

Does anybody know for sure the CHP was ticketing vs. warning vs. educating on the non-compliant pipes?

I am in total agreement with "thatman" that they can't ticket unless they saw you riding the bike, and that they can't *make* you start your bike. My B.S. meter is pegged on some of these supposed events.

OldSalt says one guy got a ticket for 2mph over. Third party BS once again. People don't get tickets for 2mph over the limit unless they really piss off the cop after the stop, in which case they deserve whatever they get IMHO.

Oh, and all the eloquent rants about cops/laws/policing/tax dollars at work. Whatever. Same old tired BS.

The whole thing sounds like a good sea story to me.
Skooter's got a few points here. No one that actually got a ticket is posting on the forum. It's all just observations and conjecture. Not always the best for facts.

Of course, sometimes the cop is pissed off before he pulls you over Skooter. ;)

Same old tired BS though. Ranting about it doesn't do any good. E-mail your politicians if you've got something to say about how the enforcement is being done.