CHRISTMAS FARKLES

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I will start it off by saying... Finally FZ1 Mirrors

(and a file set cause Santa knew I had Aux light brackets)
IMG_0842_zps6e599ec9.jpg

What are your additions?

Wynpro block off plates - they are truly beautiful - as many have stated before - too nice to bury so deep. The Tourtech security thumb screw for my zumo mount.

Joe

Signal Dynamics LED amber and red lights for the back and right angle valve stems from Bike Effects for the next tire change. Oh what fun it is to ride..!

Canyon Cage
I am really curious...

Have any pics?

Installed?
For pics see this.
I saw those on a bike and thought they must have been custom made. Hmmm.. maybe for the '08...

Are owners mounting aux. lights on them?
If the FJR is wide enough to keep it off my leg in a low side, why spend on money guards when you already have insurance on the bike? If you lowside it, it is an excuse to upgrade.

Canyon Cage
I am really curious...

Have any pics?

Installed?
For pics see this.
I saw those on a bike and thought they must have been custom made. Hmmm.. maybe for the '08...

If the FJR is wide enough to keep it off my leg in a low side, why spend on money guards when you already have insurance on the bike? If you lowside it, it is an excuse to upgrade.
I got a set also. The reason for the set, was in the event of a tip over, I am hoping I don't put a hole in the engine case and lose the oil or damage the stator and get stranded in the middle of nowhere so I have a chance to ride it out. They look like they will give a good place to mount up highway pegs also.

Canyon Cage
I am really curious...

Have any pics?

Installed?
For pics see this.

I got a set also. The reason for the set, was in the event of a tip over, I am hoping I don't put a hole in the engine case and lose the oil or damage the stator and get stranded in the middle of nowhere so I have a chance to ride it out. They look like they will give a good place to mount up highway pegs also.
Well that is a very good explanation. Thanks Bryan.

As soon as the bikes got put away I started picking up a few things, some gear and some mods for the trail bike.

For the CRFL: Skid plate, Seat Concepts seat, hour meter/tach, 13T front sprocket and a luggage rack. Still to purchase is a rad guard and when somebody makes one, a bigger gas tank. Until then, I'm picking a 1.75g Rotopax.

For Gear: Ortlieb 89L dry bag and pair of A* Scout boots as my 2 year old 'waterproof' Sidi's aren't anymore. Their still lots of miles left in them but if I'm gonna worry about wet feet, well, their now 'town' boots. Klim Dakar pants (they dropped the price 33%!) was a last minute Xmas gift last night
biggrin.png

I think that'll be it, my FJR is perfect
biggrin.png

It only needs the rear shock rebuilt and a sometimes weeping fork seal. Oh, and REAL good cleaning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laminar lip..
smile.png
not received and not installed yet..
sadsmiley.gif
i hope tomorrow the postman will bring it to me...
smile.png
and a Gipro gear indicator installed..
smile.png
(pictures coming soon...)Nice,usefull farkl!

Last edited by a moderator: