Cincinnati area / N. Ky.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Always have the radios just in case.

Don't feel required to use yours but I'll have mine regardless.

Good ride, fun times.

We all nearly lost it at lunch when the young waitress sees us all come in with gear.

"Were you guys playing golf or something?" :eek:

Chris hit a nail or something on the way home and got a flat. Good thing he had a tire plug kit and a slime pump. Back on the road with 44 psi in the rear tire in less than 20 minutes.

Yep, that Little Pump really saved my day.

The route was great; I REALLY like N. KY. Everyone had fun, Keith set a new personal speed record, and nobody crashed.

Let's not make fun of the waitress who thought we were golfing. After all, she's 16 years old, and still not married...cut her some slack!

Yep, that Little Pump really saved my day.
The route was great; I REALLY like N. KY. Everyone had fun, Keith set a new personal speed record, and nobody crashed.

Let's not make fun of the waitress who thought we were golfing. After all, she's 16 years old, and still not married...cut her some slack!
No doubt but the "mom" was no slouch herself. :p

What was funny was the youngin's comment of, "well you are all dressed alike, so I just thought you were playing golf"....To funny. Had she not been 16 I might have asked her if she wanted to play a round of 3 holes.

I had a great time and enjoyed meeting you guys. Thanks for the "suspension" lesson. The front end of my bike feels 180 degrees different. Like going from a pinto to a mustang. I'm sure I would not have had to work so hard in the turns if I would have done that sooner. Live and learn. Thanks again Adrian.

I had a great time and enjoyed meeting you guys. Thanks for the "suspension" lesson. The front end of my bike feels 180 degrees different. Like going from a pinto to a mustang. I'm sure I would not have had to work so hard in the turns if I would have done that sooner. Live and learn. Thanks again Adrian.
Holy crap that worked?!?

I was totally guessing what each of those knobs did. :p

No sweat bud. Now you've had a sense of what you can do once you start tuning it. Now you can just play with it a bit and really dial it in for your size/weight/riding style.

Just remember to remember what you "feel" while you are riding. As an example, if you feel like it turns in very quick and is hard to hold on a line in a corner make a note of that as that translates into one of the suspension settings.

We can fiddle more next ride out if you like too. :p

After Lunch in Cynthiana:

IMG00140.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Who Packed the Golf Clubs??????????[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
FNG wants to join the fun. 2008 ABS in eastgate area.
Anytime. I'm out riding just about every single weekend. So...new to the FJR or new to riding in general?

If you head out somewhere just post it up in here if you want some FJR company and usually one of us is always around. Or PM's work too. Or...just watch here as we post rides we're doing (such as the one in this thread) often.

:)

FNG wants to join the fun. 2008 ABS in eastgate area.
Anytime. I'm out riding just about every single weekend. So...new to the FJR or new to riding in general?

If you head out somewhere just post it up in here if you want some FJR company and usually one of us is always around. Or PM's work too. Or...just watch here as we post rides we're doing (such as the one in this thread) often.

:)
Thanks for the offer. I'm new to the FJR and returning rider. First bike about twenty years ago, but i was without for a few years :(