Clear Replacement Washers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckydog

Reaction score
Okay, before i drive all around town, who has those clear washers, you know the ones.... they get lost everytime you take a piece of body work off the bike and now I need 20 of those little things... can I find them at Home Depot or are we talking some special Yamaha wait five months to get part?

Luckydog

I have never had any luck at Home Depot or Lowe's with those, only our local Ace and TruValue stores.

Okay, before i drive all around town, who has those clear washers, you know the ones.... they get lost everytime you take a piece of body work off the bike and now I need 20 of those little things... can I find them at Home Depot or are we talking some special Yamaha wait five months to get part?
Luckydog

Well, you can contact University Motors - Mike Kolstad, and request the FJRForum discount for this part:

90202-05180-00 WASHER, PLATE

They are ordered EA.

Or, you can go to mcmaster-carr and order 1 pack of part number 95610A160, Metric Nylon 6/6 Flat Washer M5 Screw Size, 5.3mm ID, 11mm OD,.870 -1.130mm Thk, Packs of 100, and you'll have oodles of them. These may not be exact - but they're certainly close enough.

Another resource is Yamaha's on-line parts catalog, where everything, including fasteners, is listed in exploded views. That'll get you the part numbers you need to order when you call University Motors.

University ships quickly, there's no weeks of waiting for anything, so there's no reason not to use them. My local dealer sux raw eggs both price and service-wise, so I'm all mail-order from Idaho.

Last edited by a moderator:
I buy them all the time at Home Depot or Lowes. They're in the specialty hardware drawers in SAE sizes, which are close enough for a washer.

Take a short piece of pipe or tubing and grind a bevel on the outside edge of one end and use it like a punch on milk cartons. A hand paper punch can easily make the center hole...