Clear Tail Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afterburn

Modding Mechanic
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I have been looking everywhere for clear taillights and LED conversion for the FJR. The stockers don't light up very bright and could look better. However, I could not find it anywhere.

Untill today. I came across this site in Germany which offers a clear lens and led conversion. At almost $400 at current rates it is not exactly cheap, but it does look nice imo and the lights seem a lot brighter than stock.

Bild_A1.JPG

Bild_B1.JPG

Bild_C1.JPG

I'm thinking my farkle-to-do list is growing again...

Last edited by a moderator:
afterburn, PLEASE consider buying this setup as soon as possible and posting that you have done so on the Forum. Then members can debate the cost/benefit ratio of THIS purchase, rather than my $600 purchase of the Corbin Smuggler trunk! I appreciate your considering taking the heat off me. ;)

Nice looking. They also have a dash mod kit that looks neat, but from what I can get via Google translate, it's not currently available due to supplier problems.

Yes Google translate, which gave me this phrase from the taillight page:

the "LED - it makes pears"
So remember folks: [SIZE=23pt]LED - it makes pears.[/SIZE]

afterburn, PLEASE consider buying this setup as soon as possible and posting that you have done so on the Forum. Then members can debate the cost/benefit ratio of THIS purchase, rather than my $600 purchase of the Corbin Smuggler trunk! I appreciate your considering taking the heat off me. ;)
LOL :D

Too bad, I need to save. ANd suspension gets priority at the moment. But I do think I will get one.

The dash mod looks awesome...hopefully the factory will get a new production manager soon.

Me Too. Been looking for LED's and clear lenses for the back end. Had some really cool tail light patterns/flashing for the LED light on the Warrior. New generation LED's are MUCH brighter than the stock bulbs.

The dash mod looks awesome...hopefully the factory will get a new production manager soon.
I cannot vouch for the FJR clock faces as I've never seen them in the flesh, but judging by the XJR ones I've seen, they're wicked. A bloke I ride with when I'm in the UK has them on his XJR, and I've been wanting to change mine ever since I saw them. Unfortunately my XJR is no more, now, so I guess it's time to keep beautifying the FJR :D

As for the lights, I'd have to see those LEDs in person, though. The replacement LED tail light kits I've seen leave a lot to be desired, they're usually dimmer than the stock incandescent bulbs.

[SIZE=8pt]Edit: meant to say I had never seen them live, of course.[/SIZE]

Dash (on the same site):<snipped pictures>
Looks cool doesn't it (altough the green LCD sticks out like a sore thumb, but even that is treatable I suppose), I just hope they're not too bright as to actually be disturbing at night. The XJR ones I saw were borderline, and that was one of the reasons I never got around to doing the conversion on my own XJR. Maybe using a slightly lower wattage bulbs would do the trick, if they're found to be distracting.

EDIT: Well, probably not too bright, I suppose. Looking at the those photos a little more, you can quite clearly see the reflection of the green neutral light on the left handlebar, but only a very slight blueish tint from the tacho, it's not like the whole thing is bathed in blue glow. Should be ok, then, it doesn't seem overly bright.

Well, well, well- Five months or so when I was on another site and inquired about improving the lighting for the dash on my '05 all the responses I got were basically WHY would you do that? Funny how times change! Anyway I love it looks great...am concerned about the brightness as well. The website is kinda vague though and seems a little shaky. Does anyone have any dealing with these folks and could offer a reference for their site? I would also like to see more explaination of the products and install. Thanks, guys. Roll on!

Fiveoon05

I agree frickin awesome setup, the farkle list goes longer, just when I thought it was safe to put $$ in the bank, this happens..... By the way, Stopped by the Corbin shop in Daytona and the Smuggler looks like a quality piece as does the new heated seat.

So is the dash mod just the lights or are the guage faces part of the setup? If so, the kilometers/hour only dial is a deal killer, non?

Jim

So is the dash mod just the lights or are the guage faces part of the setup? If so, the kilometers/hour only dial is a deal killer, non?
Jim
The new faces are the largest part of the equation, no doubt. I'm not even sure new bulbs are involved, probably not.

Back to the original subject....

I think the clear lenses look pretty cool on the darker-colored bikes (Galaxy Blue, black, etc) where it has good contrast against a dark background, but it sorta looks less dramatic on the lighter silver bikes.

From the photos, the brightness of the LEDs are pretty impressive, I'll say that.

Looks like a nice setup, although looks like one is going to have to pay some serious coin for it....