• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Clearwater Lights Glenda / Krista Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomInPA

Reaction score
I am not affiliated with Clearwater Lights, but was over at the shop yesterday and talked with Glenn about a FJR group buy. Well, he was all for offering an exclusive deal to the FJR and ST1300 riders. The group buy will save you at least $100 on Glenda and $125 on Krista. Higher discounts will be provided if more than 20 sets are sold.

No question these lights are premium priced, but the build quality using U.S.A. sourced castings, high power LEDs and well conceived controls, including dimming and instant-on bright with high beam and horn put these in a class by themselves. I really felt I got a lot of value out of my Kristas during the recent 7500 mile vacation trip. I especially appreciated them going up Mesa Verde National Park road after 11:00 PM in the dark. The wide beam path makes negotiating hairpin turns and sharp curves easy, and the beam throw is far enough on straight-aways to spot deer threatening to cross the road.

The lights greatly increase visibility and noticeably reduce incidents where vehicles pull out or turn in front of you. The Kristas just cannot be ignored and a number of police departments are now outfitting motorcycles with these as take-down lights. A Folsom police bike was in the shop yesterday. The lights equipped with the MEM-1 circuits are fully dimmable and go to full-brightness with the high beam or by activating the horn. The control board controls both the Glenda and Krista lights if you have both.

The group buy will run until the end of September. It has been several years since the last group buy and I think this may be the first time Kristas have been offered at forum group-buy discount.

Start: August 12, 2011 End: September 30, 2011

• Glenda or Krista lights with brackets included - 10 orders combined provides discount of:
A, Glenda including bracket: $100 discount: normally $475 Group Buy price is $375 plus shipping

B. Krista including FJR brackets (a value of $75) - $599.00 plus shipping (normally $649.00 + $75 for brackets) Savings of $125 for FJR owners

• If 20 more more sold of either light set, an additional $20 discount will apply.
Shipping per product in Continental USA is $17.99. Canada is $25.00. For other locations, please contact me.

To order, post here and I'll send a PM with the forum discount code. Place your order identifying the forum group buy directly with Clearwater using the following contact information. That avoids me needing to collect any payments, credit cards and will get you your order faster. Lots of owners have these lights and you have seen them before. Feel free to post any questions

ORDER HERE with group buy discount code provided by PM

Lorett Kinnicutt

The Clearwater Company

916-852-7029

2546 Mercantile Drive, Ste. B

Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

[email protected]

www.clearwaterlights.com

Clearwater KRISTA high power LED light

Krista_front_Black.jpg

The big sister to Glenda boasts up to 5x more light with a longer reaching pattern.

By using custom and proprietary digital control circuits, these lights can produce up to 180 watts of Halogen light while only using 36 watts of power. A total of three 12 watt LEDs are used in each of the lights. The housings are made from solid aluminum billet right here in the USA and are hard anodized and then powder coated for corrosion protection. Exacting assembly and quality control sets this light apart from any other light available. Using aircraft grade, silver plated wire with Teflon insulation, these lights are made to last. Tough acrylic lens covers are easily replaceable and optional Amber lenses are available.

As with all Clearwater lights, Krista is fully dimmable and can switch from a LOW beam to a HIGH beam with a flick of the factory high beam switch. The LOW setting is fully dimmable via a digital volume control. This volume knob is used to adjust the level of light you desire with Low beams. On the lowest setting, a pair of Kristas only use 4 watts of power. At a half way setting a pair of Kristas only use 16 watts of power. And, on full 100% power, they use 70 watts of power, combined.

KristaDouble_sm.jpg

Clearwater Glenda LED Lights

Glenda_large.jpg

Glenda%20dimensions.JPG
(Edited to extend deadline to September 30)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the HID lights. These make them disappear.

Must have Glendas

JamiePittsburgh476Kristacrop2.jpg

I have the HID lights. These make them disappear.
Ditto...other than I don't have the specific lights you're talking about. I'm sold now on LEDs for a variety of reasons other than sheer lumens and comfortable with my alleged removal of manhood status.

Decent deal on the lights in this GB. Thanks on behalf of the forum.

I have the Glendas and love how they fill in the "bambi zone" on night rides

Another vote for Clearwater lights. I have the Krista's.

Glen is also a stand up guy. His customer service and ethics are impeccable!

Thanks for setting this up for the forum Tom!

I hear Glenn has formed his own division of AAA and was recently seen repairing a certain FJRforum member's tire on Latrobe Road. ;)

He tells me, you owe him lunch.

I hear Glen has formed his own division of AAA and was recently seen repairing a certain FJRforum member's tire on Latrobe Road. ;)

He tells me, you owe him lunch.
I told him I owed him lunch. :)

I didn't realize he was back from his trip to BMWOA ride. I should pay him a visit next week. :)

Another big PLUS for these lights. I love mine--best farkle EVER, period. I run them 100% of the time, day and night, in town and out. Even at minimum brightness you still get incredibly enhanced visibility but they DON'T get you flashed by oncoming drivers. Definitely recommend the Kristas for both visibility and downrange lighting. The smaller Glendas are nice to have if you don't want to run the big ones all the time, or if you don't like the looks of their larger size, but I feel the Kristas alone are ideal (I do have both). Getting the discount PLUS their own (designed specifically for the FJR) very sturdy, high-quality stainless steel brackets at this price is too good to pass up, IMO.

For you Californios, lane splitting is a lot nicer when they see you coming. With these on, they SEE you coming.

I can tell you, with my times of mania and sleeplessness (I'm bipolar), and aversion to southern summer heat, the lights make me quite comfortable and secure riding in the dead of night.

I never was before this setup.

And be assured, Glenn the owner and president of Clearwater WILL stand behind his product above and beyond the call...they are now seasoned into a high quality & bulletproof product.

I'm one who's experience is mostly "you get what you paid for" in the long run.

Those prices are below the "special introductory" price to the forum when they first went on the market (2 years ago?)...and that was without any mirror brackets for the Kristas

Kristas and Glendas on my '04...

I also would love to grab a set of the Krista's w/brackets. I won't be able to make the purchase until Sept 1 however, gotta close on my house first... Tom thanks for setting this up, glad I didn't buy them last month like I was planning to!

Thomas

I don't think I need the brackets - but - do you have a pic of them?

I am revamping my lighting as my current setup burns too much juice and the combo "just aint gettin' it". I have already received two of the brightest LED lights that Alex sells on his website but am interested in the Krista's as well.

Kristas sell in pairs, yes? Would they sell just one? My thinking is to remove one of the "Shanghai Express" HID's that I got on the RJ group deal and replace it with a Krista.

For those curious about the brackets, they are a very nice design that fit on the mirror mounts but do not impinge on the cowling or paint. Here are some quick shots on my GenI bike. The white specks are road paint that I haven't gotten cleaned off from the trip.

Clearwater005.jpg

Clearwater004.jpg

Clearwater002.jpg