Clock in the Tankbag?!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Been too long since we've had a "Clock in the Tankbag" thread!!! :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun:

I have seen some interesting photos on some other forums on how they carry on their bikes.... some not so practical....

243911d1334115213-what-gun-do-u-carry-when-riding-forumrunner_20120410_233325.png

243912d1334117312-what-gun-do-u-carry-when-riding-carry_.jpg

243913d1334117312-what-gun-do-u-carry-when-riding-carry_-2.jpg

Then there are a few arrangements that seem not quite so goofy, like this one below from RAM Mounts:

244026d1334202391-what-gun-do-u-carry-when-riding-image-233097451.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The thing is, we got about a week before we go Zombie Killin', so I need ideas on how to discreetly carry my Smith & Wesson M&P AR15-22 you see below down to Zombieland...... ;)

AR15-22_bipod.jpg

Alrighty, then, let's hear everyone's well thought-out concepts of carrying while on the FJR.... :gun: :gun: :gun:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL

I know it isn't so creative, but I would sling it diagonally, muzzle down on the back. Muzzle would hang over the seat slightly, unless you wanted to get creative with drilling into one of the panniers for a side mount (thinking surfboards on bicycles).

Hmmm.

The first things I would do is remove that bipod and the vertical fore end grip. That rifle is not set up for long distance, so that bipod is just adding weight and slowing down any prone movement with the rifle.

As its not a full auto M4, the vertical grip is not necessary and can actually lead to the input of too much torque on the rifle, causing misses.

You asked...Its what I do!

The first things I would do is remove that bipod and the vertical fore end grip. That rifle is not set up for long distance, so that bipod is just adding weight and slowing down any prone movement with the rifle.

As its not a full auto M4, the vertical grip is not necessary and can actually lead to the input of too much torque on the rifle, causing misses.
Damnation, I need to put sarcastic smileys on these sarcastic threads! :lol:

Confession time: while I find it totally fun for plinking, that Smith & Wesson belongs to my 12-year-old daughter, and she says the bipod and forearm grip makes her weapon totally bad-ass looking, and at 150ft away, her target below suggests these two weighty components are not adversely affecting her aim! :p :lol:

50yardsMeasuredFire.jpg

I dunno...looks like she has a tendancy to be a little high and to the right!

My FJR has a clock on the dash all ready...don't your guys?!

My AR fits in the side bag, RRA 16" barrel,colapsible stock with a 4 x 12 x 40mm scope. Break the lower from the upper and it fits.

Having shot several thousand rounds through an M-4 I will tell you the broom stick handle does not affect aim. It is quite comfortable on the shorter weapon (shorter than M16 family even with buttstock extended). It probably comes off really easy (mine did) and the bipod likely folds out of the way.

I wish I had the artistic skills to sketch something humerous. Speaking of shooting on the roll, how about a traversing turret on your FJR cockpit? I bet Gary/Garauld could whip out a CAD drawing. :assassin:

as far as transporting it, it's a .22 replica. Just haul it around over your shoulder. No one will bother you like it was a real weapon or anything. :p

I dont worry about where I put it..... I have a CCW permit....Oh ya... I'm a Postal Worker...