Closest thing to a real report yet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSimon

Reaction score
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:26 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, just finished my first 300 kms. This is my third fjr (2 '02 model before this). Well, simply perfect. A lot of things improved and riding pleasure is increased a lot. at 120km/h you ride at 4000 rpm and with the new windshield up you don't have to fight with pressure on your head.

In the next days I will wrote a review for the Italian club and I will translate it in english for you.

All the best

Diego - '06 fjr1300 deep blue ocean - Italy

Diego - FJR1300 ' 06 Deep Blue Ocean - Italy

I guess the first thing I want to ask is what RPM does an 05 at 120 KPH, (about 75 MPH?) He's indicating 4200 RPM, I'll resist the impulse to add that the indicated RPM is on a Yamaha tach :p

If they really did work out the wind buffeting issues I'll be beyond happy to be honest. The only bike I've ever ridden on where I didn't have a problem with pressure pulses was when I laid down on my FZ6, nice and quiet, nothing that you would want to do for more than 5 minutes though :p

My '05 does right at 70 mph in 5th gear at 4000RPM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Borrowed from the same forum also:

Next coming days we expect some snow in The Netherlands.

I'll report as soon as possible about the new bike in comparison to the 2004 model.

A few issues I can say:

- seat is much better

- sitting position is better

- windshield is better but still some buffeting

- when switched on 1.100 r/m

- no more 'big bang' when shifted in first gear

- 3.000 r/m 95 km/h

- 4.000 r/m 125 km/h

- 5.000 r/m 155 km/h

- shifting in first gear soft and without noise

- seat is very good

- sitting position is much better

- windshield is not much better (old Laminar Lip fits)

- push in the back is gone when shield is all up