Clutch actuator replacement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnanbd

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not sure how many of you read my 1st post, anyhow, to make the story short, I got the SH_16 and SH_26 faults and probably had to replace the clutch actuator.
Our local agent in israel set a price tag of ~12,000$ for the part!!!
Searching for it in the internet I found it in Europe at 4,500 Euro and in the US at about 1,250$. Yesterday I bought a used part at Ebay at 400$.
Now the issue is replacing the unit. My mechanic told me he will need to dismantle half of the bike - sub shield & rear arm in order to get to the unit. Is this the case? Anybody had experience in such replacement?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd have thought by now somebody with an AE would have at least taken the time to look at theirs...

Oh well.
rolleyes.gif

Hi mcatrophy,

Thanks for the information however the problem is in the clutch actuator which is on the other side of the bike.

Can you attach the instructions for the "clutch actuator replacement"?.

How did you get the workshop manual ? Is it sold freely in the states?

By the way, I bought a used part from a 2008 bike. Mine is 2009 and I saw in one of the posts that it may not fit. It do have the same part number: 2D2-82460-40-00.

Thanks,

Arnan

Hi mcatrophy,
Thanks for the information however the problem is in the clutch actuator which is on the other side of the bike.

Can you attach the instructions for the "clutch actuator replacement"?.

How did you get the workshop manual ? Is it sold freely in the states?

By the way, I bought a used part from a 2008 bike. Mine is 2009 and I saw in one of the posts that it may not fit. It do have the same part number: 2D2-82460-40-00.

Thanks,

Arnan
My mistake, sorry.

Yes , the clutch actuator is buried somewhere above the right-hand swing-arm bearing, and it looks as if the swing-arm has to come off to get to it.

(Click on image for larger view)

As for getting a workshop manual, in the 'States they seem to be readily available from Yamaha. In the UK, the only legal way I've found is to persuade your Yamaha dealer to sell you one.

And if the part numbers are the same, it'll fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mcatrophy!

Yes, this is more complicated but at least it looks like there is no need to dismantle the rear chassis.

By the way, the problem now gone so no more SH_16 or SH_26! Now I need to decide if to continue like nothing happend or do the replacement.I'm still riding with an improvised spring instead of the one who broke and actually started the whole issue. I think I'll replace only the spring when it arrive (stuck in the mail for 5-6 weeks..).