CNC Adjustable Brake/Clutch Levers _Follow up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, 15 days after the order, my levers showed up from Hong Kong, via USPS.

Box_2A.jpg

I got mine from the website the2wheels.com. I have no connection to this vendor. They sell via their own website and via ebay.

Box_3A.jpg

I'd seen their package somewhere, so when it showed up with the ribbon, I wasn't surprised. That seems to be some sort of either style or cultural thing. No matter, it was secure enough.

The levers came bubble wrapped,

Wrapped_A.jpg

And in two drawstring bags, separated by foam padding.

Bagged_1A.jpg

Finally, the levers were wrapped inside each bag:

UnBagged_3A.jpg

I got silver (clear) anodized with black adjusters. I figured that if part of the savings on these vs other levers was the finish quality, the "worn in" appearance would change the least with this color scheme. The finish is very shiny, and the black of the base pieces is dark and even. The hardware is visually similar to the Pazzos. The surface machining is clean, but different from the more expensive levers. Not worse, just different.

There are no instructions, but the process is easy. The only thing you need to do is transplant the brass insert on the clutch (left) lever into which the plunger for the master cylinder fits. I cleaned it up and regreased it; if nothing else, the fresh grease kept it from falling out during the installation. I also lightly greased the mating surfaces of the lever and the perch, along with the pivot screw. On the brake (right) side, I did the same, and put a small dab of grease into the built-in indentation for the plunger. The process took maybe a half hour all told, but that included getting out the tools and tube of grease, putting things away, and drinking coffee.

Sorry for the flash pictures, but it was grey here today so rolling the bike outside for pix would have been pointless.

LeftFJRLever_8A.jpg

RightFJRLever_1A.jpg

I haven't had a chance to ride it yet, but (with bare hands), the one thing I notice compared to Pazzos is that the front surface is a little more "square," or "flat." Both are bevelled, but the first bevel on this one is steeper than the Pazzo, resulting in less "curve" to the gripping surface. I doubt I'll notice with gloves on.

So, there ya go!

I have the cheap Chinese lever on my clutch. Mine is black and has been on for a couple of years, probably 30k miles. The finish looks as good as it did when new.
I installed it because my left hand would get fatigued using the regular clutch lever after a long day of riding. Maybe it's from an old injury or arthritis, or something. Anyway, the shape of the Pazzo knockoff is more comfortable and I can ride longer before my clutch hand starts to hurt.

I also bought the matching brake lever, but never bothered to install it, so for me it's not the bling factor..
uhuh.gif

Geezer - I have small hands and was thinking of swapping out my brake lever for something more adjustable. I have the AE, so only need to swap out the brake side, no clutch ....

If you truely have a spare CNC brake lever ... would you be willing to part with it ?

Riona

Damn! Now I feel so 'yesterday'. I still have the original '04 levers which appear to work perfectly.

Do I need therapy??
smile.png

Al.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put CRGs on the Apriila (before there were Pazzos); Pazzos on the FJR, and folding the2wheels levers on my Tiger 800XC and the wife's Speed4- the two bikes most likely to get dropped. Ahem.

In all cases, the OEM levers go under the seat, just in case.

I have the cheap Chinese lever on my clutch. Mine is black and has been on for a couple of years, probably 30k miles. The finish looks as good as it did when new.
I installed it because my left hand would get fatigued using the regular clutch lever after a long day of riding. Maybe it's from an old injury or arthritis, or something. Anyway, the shape of the Pazzo knockoff is more comfortable and I can ride longer before my clutch hand starts to hurt.

I also bought the matching brake lever, but never bothered to install it, so for me it's not the bling factor..
uhuh.gif

Geezer - I have small hands and was thinking of swapping out my brake lever for something more adjustable. I have the AE, so only need to swap out the brake side, no clutch ....

If you truely have a spare CNC brake lever ... would you be willing to part with it ?

Riona
I emailed this vendor and he sold me just the brake lever for my AE.

One benefit of these levers that I've experienced on 3 different bikes is that they take out the tiniest bit of slack that exists before you get the master cylinder to activate. No brake dragging at all, just a few thousandths less slack that makes for faster brake response.

It's been long enough that I thought I'd bump this thread up. Still enjoy mine, still shiny silver. Ordered a set for the KTM, and am just waiting. This set is taking a bit longer to arrive, but I figure they'll get here.

I picked up a set of black/silver from Top Home Global on eBay for $30. They look like they are anodized, then polished, which gives me some confidence that the black will stay put. Clutch disengagement is significantly improved with this lever. I am really hoping that these aren't painted.
%24_57.JPG

It's been long enough that I thought I'd bump this thread up. Still enjoy mine, still shiny silver. Ordered a set for the KTM, and am just waiting. This set is taking a bit longer to arrive, but I figure they'll get here.
Which Ebay vendor did you purchase the sliver levers from for the FJR?

Thanks,

Gary

I got mine from the2wheels.com seller last year and they show no wear or color change. They are black with silver adjusters. Paid $39.99 for the pair. If you are concerned about fading or changing color put a sock over them when not riding. That will help you get more recognition from the onlookers!! Use white socks to reflect heat.

As I may have mentioned earlier in the thread, I have had Pazzos on three different bikes. They're excellent quality, and I like patronizing PJ'sParts to get them. I got mine (and ordered the ones for the KTM) from the2wheels.com. Little slow on the delivery this go around...