CO Memorial Day Trip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deer slayer

Reaction score
There are thre of us "experienced riders" (old farts) from DFW going on a CO trip over the week of May 26th, we had a 4th but he had to drop out, looking for 1 (or3) more rider(s). I am on a 2005 FJR, the two other guys are on BMW's (one on an LT, the other on a GT). We will be leaving on the 26th and back on the 1st. We will be moteling it the entire way (we are too old to sleep on the ground). Anyway, if anyone is interested in doing this trip drop me a line. We do ride at a fairly brisk pace. We will be doing 500 to 600 miles the first day and @ 300 mile/day for the rest of the trip.

There are thre of us "experienced riders" (old farts) from DFW going on a CO trip over the week of May 26th, we had a 4th but he had to drop out, looking for 1 (or3) more rider(s). I am on a 2005 FJR, the two other guys are on BMW's (one on an LT, the other on a GT). We will be leaving on the 26th and back on the 1st. We will be moteling it the entire way (we are too old to sleep on the ground). Anyway, if anyone is interested in doing this trip drop me a line. We do ride at a fairly brisk pace. We will be doing 500 to 600 miles the first day and @ 300 mile/day for the rest of the trip.
Not sure where all you are planning to go, but I have some pretty good info on my web page that may be useful -- Dave's Colorado Rides. Also advise that you check the Colorado Dept of Trans (CDOT) to confirm what roads are still not open. As of right now it looks like Independence Pass (CO-82 from Twin Lakes over to Aspen) will not open until May 30th. I think they got a little set-back last night also with the fresh snow, but the next week is supposed to be nice and warm, so that will help them a lot. Trail Ridge Rd (US-34 in Rocky Mtn Nat Park) is still closed and I have not heard an update on its opening. Colorado Road Conditions