Coalinga/Pinnacles ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khunajawdge

Toto El Mundo!
Reaction score
OK

Here's a little morsel that might interest some of you CenCal guys :unsure: ?

On April 28, 2007 I will be going on a day ride beginning from Harris Ranch on CA. 198 and I 5 to Coalinga departing at 10:00AM. In Coalinga (198/33) Los Gatos Road begins and follows along the Los Gatos Creek past Hernandez Reservoir to the exit just south East Gate of the Pinnacles SP on CA. highway 25. From the intersection of CA. 25, I will be heading into King City on Bitterwater Road to a luncheon at El Lugarcito (Mairiscos) Mexican Restaurant.

After lunch, return will be via Slondak Road to CA. 25 south. Those heading east can take CA. 198 southeast past Priest Valley back to Coalinga and I 5. I will be heading south on Peach Tree/Indian Valley Road back to San Miguel. This route may provide "other" return options for those heading South or East to return to the Central Valley over CA. 41/46.

Cautionary note: Los Gatos Creek Road is paved all the way, but it is NOT a super fast slab. It is frequented by bicyclists and trailers towing off road vehicles. It is "twisty" and it can have a few corrugations once in a while. I have easily ridden over it on my FJR 1300. All of the other roads except Peach Tree/Indian Valley Road (similar to Los Gatos Road) mentioned are faster.

Any body want to join me? :cowboy:

KJ - I would love to do this ride but I'm serving my time to society... :unsure:

...and TWN, this is not a long ride for a IBA BBG dude... sheesh... :rolleyes:

I ain't a BBG. I'm not even a BB1500 or an SS1K. Prolly never will be unless I get my paperwork turned in. ;)

By the way, I can hook you up with a Get Out Of Jail Free card...

...ahh, come on TWN, didn't you do 1.5k earlier this year? Don't matter to me if you didn't submit/receive the paper, you still did it.. I recall your recant of the bonk, the hotel, the final push... You have done what many have not.. Including fishing paperwork out of the creek... so why not take claim of your ride? Personally, I'd be proud... :clapping:

Edit - as far as 'hookin' me up.... no Thankx dude, I'm good in the gettin' it department... :clapping: :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
On April 28, 2007 I will be going on a day ride beginning from Harris Ranch on CA. 198 and I 5 to Coalinga departing at 10:00AM. In Coalinga (198/33) Los Gatos Road begins and follows along the Los Gatos Creek past Hernandez Reservoir to the exit just south East Gate of the Pinnacles SP on CA. highway 25. From the intersection of CA. 25, I will be heading into King City on Bitterwater Road to a luncheon at El Lugarcito (Mairiscos) Mexican Restaurant.
Dang, same day as the Marin ride with JB. If you're in the mood for chile verde in King City, go to the City Cafe (South side of Broadway, second or third block West from Metz Rd./First St., sandwiched between a taco stand and another Mexican restaurant)- YUM! But, if you're not into chile verde, Lugarcito's is your best bet (My info may be a few years out of date, but City Cafe has been around for at least 25 years and somehow that verde texture... Oh my :dribble: Frack, I see a high-speed Hwy 25 run in my near future - Have to satisfy the craving once my mouth gets set.

KJ - I would love to do this ride but I'm serving my time to society... :unsure: ...and TWN, this is not a long ride for a IBA BBG dude... sheesh... :rolleyes:
Don, I thought they might let nice guy's like you out on weekends for good behavior? If you can't maybe I could mail a cake with a file or hacksaw blade included....PM. <>< :D

KJ - I would love to do this ride but I'm serving my time to society... :unsure: ...and TWN, this is not a long ride for a IBA BBG dude... sheesh... :rolleyes:
Don, I thought they might let nice guy's like you out on weekends for good behavior? If you can't maybe I could mail a cake with a file or hacksaw blade included....PM. <>< :D
Evidently my behavior wasn't good enough, Del, I'm locked in solid.. See ya'll in June. Until then, living vicariously..

This ride is still going to happen! I will be at Harris Ranch at 10:00AM on Saturday, April 28 to begin the ride. Will be meeting Bob Rainey from Washington (not on this list) so at least 2 of us will be there!

Ya know? Work, family, and life often get in the way of riding. I live in Central Cal on the coast near Morro Bay. If I ride 200+ miles to join a regional ride beginning in either SF Bay area, the Sierras, or LA at 9:00 AM or 10:00AM, it turns into a long day. If the regional ride is 200 miles, I've already done 200 miles and often, I am not looking forward to 200 miles home, the shine of the ride just wears off for me. I do like to camp when I have the time, which helps break the distance. I'm No iron butt.

I'll be posting more CenCal rides here in the future. If anybody has the time, you are welcome to join me! Dcarver and TWN can't make it this time, sorry guys, see you next time! B)

I`ll be out that way myself, coming from the other direction.
If you see a Red 07 with no plate, that would be me.

Geoff
If we see another FJR heading our way, we will stop and chat. If you want to join us for what remains of our ride or any portion of it, you are welcome!

Looks like its going to be a great day for a ride! :)

I ain't a BBG. I'm not even a BB1500 or an SS1K. Prolly never will be unless I get my paperwork turned in. ;)

By the way, I can hook you up with a Get Out Of Jail Free card...
We have to turn in paperwork?

How about I just joing the TWN, Skyway and Bluestreek saw me do it club?

You guys make it back in one piece????
Damm HOT Sat. 100 in Coalinga, 97 along Hy25.

Still a great day riding. :yahoo:
Yeah, we made it in one piece. Sorry we missed ya! We weren't on 25 for very long. See Ride Reports.

See you down the road, another day! :cowboy: