coax or normal power cords

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean coiled instead of coax? Because coax is coaxial cable and I think meant for transmitting signals to things like televisions.

I definitely would used a coiled wire from my Widder to a Jastek outlet on the fairing by the knee and then straight wire from their to the heat troller and then to the battery.

The heat-troller site lists coaxal and sae connectors for the controllers. I am trying to collect reasons to buy one or the other. I'm assuming the coax comnnectors are attached to cozx cabel. I'll check that with warm n safe when I can. Is/are there reasons to choose coax over tne more common "zip" cord?

it's because some garment makers have switched to the newer "coax style" (notably https://www.gerbing.com). It doesnt use coax cable like on the back of your TV set. It's more like the power cord that you stick in the back of a laptop. The outside circumfrence of the round plug is ground, while the inside is hot.

Heatroller supplies controllers for people that have all different brands of vests, so they make different connections to match the vest you own, or plan to own.

The outside circumfrence of the round plug is ground, while the inside is hot.
Ahh. I think I just learned something that's confused me for years. Coaxial is the inside out idea where typically the kind of coaxial that's TV cable is also a waveguide. A waveguide is also coaxial, but coaxial doesn't necessarily mean waveguide....I think.

Thanks for the illumination.

Not an option on Widders so I'll move along now.

I use the flat wire as I think it is easier for me to solder when splicing the wire. Ian, Iowa

I know this doesn't apply to heated garments, but I gather that a coaxial power wire helps reduce pickup of engine electrical noises when used to power audio equipment.

The center wire would be positive and the outer braid would be grounded at one end to act as a shield, not a conductor.

Any opinions from electronic nerds?

dobias <_<

. I expect I'll be buying Widder. They appear to use sae like connectors.

If I'm understanding this correctly, Heat-Troller provides both to connect with whatever colthing manufacturer I'd be using. No other real advantage to one concuctor over the other. Is so?

Thanks

Tim