Cold Weather Gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith,

I've been looking forward to commenting on this thread. Not because I like running my pie-hole, but I had powered gloves and was doing the wiring on my bike when you wrote about information/opinions on "Cold Weather Gloves". Well, I finally finished the wiring and the weather finally cooperated and now the results.

I have Gerbing G3's and it was 27 degrees this morning. The trip to work is about 20 miles, mostly Interstate so I'm zipping right along. I was quite comfortable, I could have ridden as long as I wanted with no hand problems whatsoever. I bought mine from University Motors in South Dakota (I think), google them to make sure. The wiring is a bit of a pain, but well worth it in the cold. My 2 cents worth.

Good Luck & Safe Riding - The Hound
Thanks for the info. I just bought a pair of Tourmaster winter elite gloves from a forum member. Going to try those, and if they are not warm enough, I'm just going to go for the electrics.

Lots of good opinions on winter gloves here. I have a set of Olympia gloves that do a credible job, but they are bulky as many other thinsulate insulated gloves tend to be. I do have a set of heated grips on my FJR so I only need the winter gloves when it gets below ~40 degrees. Up till then, a set of lighter gloves with the heaters works fine.

What I'd really like to find would be some gloves with less insulation in the palms so that the heat from the grips will get to my hands and some insulation in the finger tubes and back of the hand. I think that configuration might also add some dexterity over the regular all-around insulated gloves. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered these from New Enough

black.jpg

FirstGear Winter Dakota Gloves

Premium, top-grain leather glove

Waterproof/breathable Hipora™ insert

Thinsulate™ thermal insulation

Double leather palm with articulating panels

Zippered gauntlet for full coverage

Faceshield wiper blade on left index finger

29 bucks, and only 5 dollars shipping if you get the USPS delivery

Last edited by a moderator: