Cold/wet weather hand protection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Official Dumbass
Reaction score
Looks like others I've seen but perhaps a little less bulky or perhaps may be more user friendly?? I know Cota95 has a similar setup and others have talked about the issues with hitting the controls if you didn't have handguards, but wondering if these might be any better? I have handguards, so doesn't matter to me. Found these on a search for some handguards for the KLX.

Handguard gauntlet

These are what I'm going to get through cold wet weather with when riding the bike.
I bought these last year. They are a little bulky, but I really do like them. Very soft leather and didn't need and break-in. One thing I noticed, they are so warm that sometimes my hands will sweat in them and then they will get a little cool from the moisture. I was thinking about getting some silk glove liners to help with that.

Those gauntlets look pretty good. Since I'm a cheap frugal bastard, I bought QuadBoss Gauntlets from a local dealer for $25 on sale. With some minor mods they work OK.

Providing the guantlet has a large enough opening for controls, most any will do the job.

--G

I've used a similar style on my old FJ and also currently on my KLR. It is the only bike I run in the winter. They work very well with a set of heated grips.

Canadian FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
I got something from a hippo on me alright :blink:
Well, that explains those goofy-looking ears hanging off that ugly mug of yours.

Thanks, Bust! It all makes sense now!

Now run along and play. The adults are having a conversation. ;)

Sniffle... You and C.J. hurt my feelings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izw8KKo6VhY

Now do ya really?

:finger:
There, there Bust Baby; so sorry that those two evil meanies hurt your delicate feelings. Just cuddle Fluffy, your pet attack skunk, and you will feel a whole lot better!!!

BarrySkunkcopy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: