Collapsible Rear Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobK

Reaction score
Was a member some time ago and remembered seeing a rear seat bag that kinda looked liked an accordion that when empty laid flat on the rear seat and when full expanded to hold quite a bit. It also had an angle to it so it kind of went with the lines of the bike as opposed to being square. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Fastbag has had a time trying to keep a us dealership going. I got mine from a local friend who first picked up the dealership but had to sell everything when he contracted cancer. Since then there have been at least 1 or 2 other contacts in the US that may or may not still offer them. I liked mine a lot and used in the 03 IBR. However, the squeeze-bag design of the unit had advantages and disadvantages. It could be exactly the size of the items you carried but it covered the back seat and the compression straps were a PITA to keep adjusted evenly. Anything in the lower (compression section) needs to be soft, emergency items that you really don't need ofter. Otherwise you'll find yourself always compressing or expanding the space (which takes time).

I eventually sold mine and went with a traditional GIVI E460 Monokey trunk. If I don't need it I remove it completely. If I do need it, adding/accessing/removing items takes a fraction of the time of the Fastbag.

https://www.fjr-tips.org/acc/fb/fb.html

I really don't think it was the fast bag as I don't think it had a hard shell and I don't recall it being that expensive. I do like the looks of the Axio and the price is more in line. Anyone else remember the all fabric bag or maybe I'm just dreaming.

I think it was the fast bag.

Here is mine

IMG_0035.jpg

openfastbag.jpg

mine is not on the back seat as bounce had his, but mounted on Gauralds rack