Collett Communicators out of business

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAJW

Reaction score
Sorry to report that the communication/intercom system I've been a proponent of for years has gone belly up. I'd been using their products for about 8 years or so and have been reasonably happy with the performance. I'd experienced some major delays (8 weeks once and 3 mos another time) in getting warranty work done, but was fairly happy with the product. Recently I got my two units out for a two up ride with the Mrs. and found my newer Platinum 900 wasn't working. I've been calling (number now disconnected) emailing, writing etc.. with no luck. In researching them, found the below links on forums (the unit is a favorite of the snow mobile group) and learned they too are having contact problems. Some have noted that the company is being taken over by a new owner and will reopen soon (hopefully). The reason I'm posting is so no one here purchases one second hand hoping to get factory service. Decent product, but poor customer service and now NO service. As they say, buyer beware. :angry:

Arctic Chat

John Dee link

Collett website site still up, but (thankfully) not accepting orders.

This is bad to hear as I've been using their radios for years and it was time to upgrade to the bluetooth model.

I've been following the saga of Collett online over the past year or so. One of my co-workers ordered the MicroFone 2's (same as mine) about 2 years ago now, and they never did anythng - no acceptance of order, no receiving funds, no no.. no nothing. After repeated phone calls he finally said piss on it.

I'm happy with mine. They just flat out work and keep working. When it comes time for a new one.. I'd be looking at the Sena's.