collett intercoms

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used one for a couple of years to communicate with my passenger, the 900 series specifically. Had very good luck with it. The voice operated intercom works quite well.

Come to think of it, my wife doesn't ride with me anylonger, since the babies came. Would you be interested in buying a used 900 series in perfect used condition? Make me an offer. I can send pics if you'd like.

Oh, I should mention that I have the rider to passenger kit. One unit for the rider, which is the radio unit, the passenger unit is connected to the rider using (1) coiled audio cable. Through the rider unit (main unit) both rider and passenger can communicate privately or switch to transmit thus enabling radio communication to other 900 users within a 2 mile range. Let me know, otherwise I may just list these in the FOR SALE section or toss them on Ebay.

Thanks for the reminder that I still have these out in the garage...

Used one for a couple of years to communicate with my passenger, the 900 series specifically. Had very good luck with it. The voice operated intercom works quite well.
Come to think of it, my wife doesn't ride with me anylonger, since the babies came. Would you be interested in buying a used 900 series in perfect used condition? Make me an offer. I can send pics if you'd like.

I might be. Send pics offline to [email protected] with a price. How old are they? Do they have inputs for music? Do you have speakers for the helmets or would I need to get those? Can you use earbuds (that's what I use now)

Dutch1201

Oh, I should mention that I have the rider to passenger kit. One unit for the rider, which is the radio unit, the passenger unit is connected to the rider using (1) coiled audio cable. Through the rider unit (main unit) both rider and passenger can communicate privately or switch to transmit thus enabling radio communication to other 900 users within a 2 mile range. Let me know, otherwise I may just list these in the FOR SALE section or toss them on Ebay.
Thanks for the reminder that I still have these out in the garage...

I'm interested? How much? Respond offlist to [email protected]

dutch1201

I bought the rider/passenger 900 kit. Wound up using their 30-day money back guarantee to send them back. They do work well but simply were not the wireless answer I was expecting. Of course, neither has anything else been.

Even though they do have two speakers they are mono. You get the same sound out of both speakers with no stereo separation. The stereo audio cable merges both channels into one before plugging into the unit.

Also, the frequency they use is not very popular and I never, absolutely never found anyone else with a matching unit or a compatible radio on another bike.

So IMHO, they work well as a rider passenger and wired to cell phone communicator. They are not suitable for most bike-to-bike communications. But I will stress that the vendor stands by their guarantees.