ColorRite has 2014 red in stock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric L

Not that kind of a doctor
Reaction score
and its freaking expensive - base coat and red - $125 in paint to paint a GIVI lid? I don't think that's going to happen...

I found a metallic red that appears to be the same...it is from a late model Kia Sportage and the color it's called Signal Red, color code BEG. I ordered a small kit from the distributor and plan to paint the trim under my tank and maybe the two silver dude panels. I'll report back and post pics after I test the kit. The kicker - the kits are between $30-50, depending on contents, and will cover a car door or trunk lid.

Colorite has always been close but If you are willing to mess around you can find a better match..

Red is probably the highest priced color BTW.. $125.00 is what we pay for a pint around these parts.

Yep. Red in any shade or brand has always been the most expensive color due to certain pigments needed to make up the color.

I saw the Color Rite site and have used their paints on some of my Wing assessories. It was pretty a close match.

I'd be interested to see how close that Kia color is to the 2014 FJR. I also have a Givi trunk that needs to be painted.

Yep. Red in any shade or brand has always been the most expensive color due to certain pigments needed to make up the color.I saw the Color Rite site and have used their paints on some of my Wing assessories. It was pretty a close match.

I'd be interested to see how close that Kia color is to the 2014 FJR. I also have a Givi trunk that needs to be painted.
My order is suppose to deliver early next week. I hope to paint the backside of the tank trim to compare by next weekend!

Yep. Red in any shade or brand has always been the most expensive color due to certain pigments needed to make up the color.I saw the Color Rite site and have used their paints on some of my Wing assessories. It was pretty a close match.

My order is suppose to deliver early next week. I hope to paint the backside of the tank trim to compare by next weekend!
Please let us know how it turns out. Very interested in getting the match as close as possible.

I ordered up some as well. Colorrite sells it as a two-color system - similar to the Cobalt blue. Two 8-oz cans delivered for $196.
sad.png

I found a metallic red that appears to be the same...it is from a late model Kia Sportage and the color it's called Signal Red, color code BEG. I ordered a small kit from the distributor and plan to paint the trim under my tank and maybe the two silver dude panels. I'll report back and post pics after I test the kit. The kicker - the kits are between $30-50, depending on contents, and will cover a car door or trunk lid.
Hey Allen,

DId you ever try that Kia paint code? Is it close? Pics?

Hey Allen,

DId you ever try that Kia paint code? Is it close? Pics?
Actually, I tried the Kia paint and although it was inexpensive, it was not quite the match. I got a refund and bought the ColorRite paint. That was delivered today and I just finished painting one of the side panels. It is a perfect match and I will post pics tomorrow!