comm systems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canyonman

Reaction score
Is there a system out there that will allow me to listen to one source (zumo) and my pillion to listen to a seperate source (Ipod) and still allow vox communication between rider/pillion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend the Scala G4, as it has better speakers for music than the Q2. The FM reception is way better too. I just got mine and it sounds OK so far, mp3's via bluetooth from my Zumo (mono). Not "great" sound. Have not had a real test ride yet nor plugged in a standalone mp3 player. I would expect the wired version to be much better. $399 for a pair at sherides.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought these

https://www.amazon.com/Midland-Bluetooth-In...8456&sr=8-1

Took them out for the first time with the wife and I really like them. Each unit is identical and can be paired with 3 other devices ( Driver paired to passenger, gps, cell.............Passenger paired to driver, cell, bluetooth mp3) My cell has bluetooth mp3 player and the sound is pretty darn good I think but they sell high def speakers too if weren't happy with the sound. Web bike world gave them a pretty good review, cant beat the price either....

Starcom Digital allows the pillion to have their own music source (as well as their own phone).

Thanks for the responses. I started out thinking "hardwired" system. Then I started looking into the one's suggested here and found as many more that also seem to be able to meet my needs.

It seems that most of them are just now adding the ability to have different sources for the rider and pillion (the first one's must have been made by single guys) :rolleyes:

Looks like wireless is the future (not suprised) I just don't find myself around electricity very often when I'm on the road so if I can't charge it while using it it's not gonna work for me.

So I will share with y'all my million dollar idea. Somebody in the helmet industry please make a helmet that has solar panels cast into the shell to power these things. I'll be looking for the royalty check B)

Any others I should look at let me know. I'm gonna do a lot more reading.

Thanks again guys for All your suggestions

I would imagine the most come with a 12v charger but I can only say for sure that the BT2-D did.