Compact Digital Camera

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be great if you guys posted a typical photo from your camera with your responses. I know there's a lot of variables involved but some of the Ride Reports have sensational pictures and other are just so-so. OM has good, clear photos and mine are average at best but his camera is a whole lot more advanced than my point and shoot.

I would be great if you guys posted a typical photo from your camera with your responses. I know there's a lot of variables involved but some of the Ride Reports have sensational pictures and other are just so-so. OM has good, clear photos and mine are average at best but his camera is a whole lot more advanced than my point and shoot.
I took all of these with my cheap Shopko camera. Have never adjusted a setting on it...

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=128013

Canon PowerShot SD450 (photos unretouched or altered)

516833069_PwzA5-L.jpg

546798734_uUihx-L-1.jpg

530724387_Ddh97-L.jpg

511812747_8qThy-XL.jpg

Angles is off on this one as I took it on the fly while riding... :D

488768245_SSYyu-L.jpg

345753599_nfREu-L.jpg

511882018_DoL5M-L.jpg

Canon PowerShot SD450 (photos unretouched or altered)
516833069_PwzA5-L.jpg
That's what I'm talking about. Impressive resolution on the fence shot. Little bitty camera too.

One other thing to think about is the size of the on/off buttons and the picture button. Bambi has a hard time taking pictures with our camera when she's wearing heavy gloves. The larger SLR type cameras don't usually have this issue but they're obviously bigger and heavier. Don't know if I'd want to carry one for 400 miles just for better pictures.

I have some older Kodak with a 10X zoom lens and it takes good pictures but isn't very compact. Both of my son's have Canon Power Shot SD 1000's and I highly recomend them. Very good quality pictures and pretty tough. My oldest son uses his when he is guiding hunts and isn't exacly gentle with the thing but has had no problems. When I get ready for a new compact digital the Canon's will probably be what I get.

From the Leica D-Lux...

2526966160048658291S600x600Q85.jpg

2009396980048658291S600x600Q85.jpg

This was me last fall at Oktoberfest in Munich... these are friends of friends...

2168401220048658291S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on any of the cannons. I've yet to find a good small digital that does well in low light. Thats what photoshop is for. i bought the A720is.

8-megapixel CCD captures enough detail for photo-quality 16 x 22-inch prints

6x image-stabilized optical zoom; 2.5-inch wide-viewing-angle LCD display

Face Detection technology and in-camera red-eye fix

19 shooting modes, including 7 special scene modes; Print/Share button