Compatible '06 Accessories

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

too_many_hobbies

Reaction score
My '06 is still not in, but I want to order the accessories that I would like to have installed from day 1. Would those that are lucky enough to have already taken delivery please tell me what to order that is compatible with the '06?

1. Front fender extender.

2. Tankslapper or similar clear protective material for the tank and the front of the fairing below the radiator and immediately behind the front wheel.

3. Techmount or similar that fits in place of the nut between the handlebars to hold the Garmin 2730 that I already have for the bike.

Thanks in advance,

too_many_hobbies

1. The FendaExtenda won't fir on the '06. The front fender is already longer--too long for the extender to fit.

2. Tankslapper may not have a kit for the '06 as the tank is different.

3. Stemstand should fit.

4. Moto Sliders from Wildhair, please.

1. The FendaExtenda won't fir on the '06. The front fender is already longer--too long for the extender to fit.
2. Tankslapper may not have a kit for the '06 as the tank is different.

3. Stemstand should fit.

4. Moto Sliders from Wildhair, please.
Thanks madmike2, frame sliders are an initial must-have that I had forgotten. I will order a Stemstand and Moto Sliders tommorrow.

I have been too busy with my work to think about motorcycles. I am now through my busiest time of the year so I can now take off and play as hard as I work. Any other initial accessories that I have forgotten?

too_many_hobbies

Actually, the Tankslapper is now available for the 06. I ordered mine too early and got the wrong kit (ordering was marked "all year FJRs" back in the beginning of april), which I discovered yesterday morning when I went to install it. Emailed them yesterday, they replied this morning and the correct set is on the way. Great service! I just tape my bag back up, mark refused on it, drop it in the mail box and wait for my new one.

And get your sliders from Skyway instead (see FJR vendor offers). save your dough for more farkles. Bar ends are next on my list. Handlebars are a bit buzzy which I wasn't expecting as my 03 already had bar ends on it when I bought it, so I didn't realize this would be an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any other initial accessories that I have forgotten?
too_many_hobbies
Here is what I'm adding in addition to those mentioned:

A vista cruise to make those miles go by faster.

Scorpio alarm to keep the bad guys away... :assassin:

Blue Sea fuse block to power all the goodies.

For starters anyway, it never ends ya know.

--G

[And get your sliders from Skyway instead (see FJR vendor offers). save your dough for more farkles. Bar ends are next on my list. Handlebars are a bit buzzy which I wasn't expecting as my 03 already had bar ends on it when I bought it, so I didn't realize this would be an issue.

+ 1 on Skyway I have an order in and "waiting" again :D

I would wait on th bar ends I notice NO vibration very comfy. I started customizing today with some pin striping (looks great) and am getting skyways garmin mount for a gps