Complimentary FJR Hats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markjenn

Reaction score
As some of you know, Yamaha was sending out complimentary FJR hats to to folks; some got them and some didn't. Someone else posted the name of the contact person at Cypress, so after never getting a hat, I sent Mark Dipko a letter and a copy of my sales receipt about six weeks ago.

Today I got an overnight package with a note from Mark that said the hats were supposed to go to "customers who purchased on the FJR1300 2nd Chance program" (which I did) and that there were a "limited number available" which are now gone. As consolation, Mark sent along a VERY lame Yamaha 50th Anniversary Laguna Seca visor (not a cap) like Mr. Rossi wears. For some reason, I look nothing like Rossi when wearing it.

To say I'm crushed is the understatement of the year. ;-)

- Mark

I got the same thing today .... must have been a form letter, mine said the same thing. But I wasn't a 2nd Chance PDP customer, I ordered mine in March of '04. The visor will certainly not keep the sun off my thinning dome.

I was a PDP customer who ordered in June '05 so I think that makes me a '2nd change PDP. I never got a hat and I had forgotten that people were getting these. Hat wouldn't fit under my helmet anyway. ;)

So once again Yamaha figured out how to annoy their loyal customer base. I didn't get a hat, and didn't really want a hat (I've got 2 as freebees from Gary McCoy, after spending serious cash on replacement parts). Now I'm miffed because they underestimated the power of the internet, and are back pedaling.

I sent Mark Dipko a mail, just because, and haven't yet recieved my form letter rejection yet.

Good thing the bike actually rocks, or else I'd buy a BMW, where you know what you are in for up front.

I too sent Mr. Dipko a letter. I also received the visor. Oh well. I suppose it's better than nothing. "Hey, I paid full price for my 05 FJR1300A and all I got was a bright yellow visor!" I hope my ten year old daughter will actually wear it. I look ridiculous in it.

Mark

Pict of the consolation prize visor:

Visor.jpg

- Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't complain if someone gave me one of those caps for free, and I'm not even that big a fan of the yellow/black theme.

I dunno, gentlemen.... it sounds like some of y'all would, upon watching Mother Tereasa give candy to some orphans, accuse her of promoting tooth decay....
shrug.gif

I wouldn't complain if someone gave me one of those caps for free, and I'm not even that big a fan of the yellow/black theme.
I dunno, gentlemen.... it sounds like some of y'all would, upon watching Mother Tereasa give candy to some orphans, accuse her of promoting tooth decay....
shrug.gif
+1

Lighten up guys. We're just poking fun at this fiasco; we know where a $15 hat stands in the grand scheme of things.

- Mark

Now that I see the visor I kind of like it. My wife would wear it if I got a free one.

brings to mind the new r1 special edition i saw at the n.y.c. show very nice bike and guess what last night on 2whelltuesday they quote the price 18k

mark if you really need the fjr hat you can have the one yamaha sent me send me your adress

Dont mistake my post as a lack of appreciation for the visor. For a visor, it is made to top quality standards, there is no doubt about that. My issue resides in the fact that the FJR hat promo was directed only to the 2nd batch of PDP buyers ....... why?? Why not the 1st string buyers? Then you can go back and say why not '04 buyers, but since I have an '05, I'll stick with '05.

Then ...... the form letter says that the FJR hats "sold out". So does that mean that you can no longer go to the dealer and buy an FJR hat? The promo hats are the same ones the dealer orders from Yamaha and sells. What I am getting at is if they wanted more hats, they could have had more hats made.

That is all for me, I am not worried about the hat, I had already bought one anyway so I don't need it, it is just the way they handled it.

Dont mistake my post as a lack of appreciation for the visor. For a visor, it is made to top quality standards, there is no doubt about that. My issue resides in the fact that the FJR hat promo was directed only to the 2nd batch of PDP buyers ....... why?? Why not the 1st string buyers? Then you can go back and say why not '04 buyers, but since I have an '05, I'll stick with '05.Then ...... the form letter says that the FJR hats "sold out". So does that mean that you can no longer go to the dealer and buy an FJR hat? The promo hats are the same ones the dealer orders from Yamaha and sells. What I am getting at is if they wanted more hats, they could have had more hats made.
+1

Mark

Yeah it's just a hat.

I didn't get mine.

You would think that somebody at Yamaha would make sure that they had enough hats to give out before offering to give them out for free and then not being able to follow up.

:erm: