Confirmation on Ram Mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erik425

Reaction score
I have an 03 and want to put a ball on my left mirror stem and one on my heli bar riser. I have searched all over and here is what I have found people are using:

Mirror- 10MMX1.25 Threaded ball Ram part number B349

Heli riser- 3/8X16 Threaded ball Ram. Part B236

I pulled a bolt out of my Heli Bar riser and it is 3/8X24, not 3/8X16.

I bought a 10MMX1.25 bolt and it will not thread into the clutch side empty mirror mount. I suppose if I put a wrench on it and cranked her in there it would go, but I am not really into tearing up the threads.

I am thinking I need the 3/8X24 B379U 372437 for the riser, but I am still stumped on the mirror. I figure I will have to ride it to the hardware store and start trying bolts if it ever gets above 40 degrees and stops raining.

Anyway, maybe someone ele has dealt with this as well and has an idea why mine appear to be different.

E

I have an 03 and want to put a ball on my left mirror stem and one on my heli bar riser. I have searched all over and here is what I have found people are using:
Mirror- 10MMX1.25 Threaded ball Ram part number B349

Heli riser- 3/8X16 Threaded ball Ram. Part B236

I pulled a bolt out of my Heli Bar riser and it is 3/8X24, not 3/8X16.

I bought a 10MMX1.25 bolt and it will not thread into the clutch side empty mirror mount. I suppose if I put a wrench on it and cranked her in there it would go, but I am not really into tearing up the threads.

I am thinking I need the 3/8X24 B379U 372437 for the riser, but I am still stumped on the mirror. I figure I will have to ride it to the hardware store and start trying bolts if it ever gets above 40 degrees and stops raining.

Anyway, maybe someone ele has dealt with this as well and has an idea why mine appear to be different.

E
Clutch side hole will be a left hand thread. Try Ram Mount products. The 1" ram balls come in three flavers. 10-32 stud, 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 if memory serves me correctly.

Then there is allways the "Ram Bone" option in the group buy section.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/124395-wynpro-ram-bone-mount-ive-got-balls/?p=678100

Dave

B349 is the correct ball for the clutch side: Here's mine, on a 2003, no less!

RAM-mountmirrorhole.jpg

Clutch side is NOT left hand thread, but brake side IS, for those bikes that have a mirror hole over there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I may go for a Ram Bone in the future, but I was just hoping for somehing simple and cheap right now for the Gopro or the phone. I can get a 10MM started in the hole, but it only goes in a few threads and stops.

I will look at it when I get home again, but for some reason I thought the left was "normal" threads and the right was "Backwards". But now that I think about it, it makes sense that it may be the other way around so the wind doesn't loosen the mirror. I will look at it when I get home. Maybe I am all F'd Up.

Thanks for the info

Left side, clutch, is normal right-handed thread. Right side, brake, is left-hand thread.

The bolt that starts, is it 10x1.25, or maybe 10x1?

B349 is the correct ball for the clutch side: Here's mine, on a 2003, no less!
RAM-mountmirrorhole.jpg

Clutch side is NOT left hand thread, but brake side IS, for those bikes that have a mirror hole over there.
Exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you