Congress and their boss passed H.R. 146

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAJW

Reaction score
In my over 30 years of involvement with the off road community, I have never seen a bill such as this passed with such speed and disregard for public comment. This article sums it up, "what's the rush"? This forum has a number of dual sport/off road riders and if you ever want your kids/grandkids to be able to enjoy the great outdoors via some sort of motorized recreation, might want to get involved. Letters and emails might help, might not, but doing nothing will surely give these knuckle-headed legislators the green light to pass what ever restrictions they want to keep us out of our own public lands unless we are on foot singing Cum bye yah! I'm voting against all incumbents next time around! Rant over.

https://www.amadirectlink.com/news/story.asp?id=760

Dear Mr.:

Thank you for writing to me with your concerns regarding the public lands package. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, President Obama signed this comprehensive public lands package into law on March 30, 2009. It is a collection of more than 160 public lands bills that were introduced in the 110th Congress.

This law is a bipartisan effort, and my colleagues and I worked at great lengths with many stakeholders at every level - including local communities, ranchers, elected officials, mountain bikers, businesses, federal and state agencies, and other interested parties - to ensure that diverse points of view were considered in crafting the legislation.

Again, thank you for writing to me. Please know that I welcome your views and will keep them in mind as I continue working to protect our priceless natural heritage for future generations to enjoy.

Barbara Boxer

United States Senator

Please visit my website at https://boxer.senate.gov

I got a similar answer/non-answer from Senator Murray here in Washington. Basically saying thanks for your input, but she wanted the new firetruck in the bill for Snoqualmie pass (I-90) and a coupleof other minor things.

I countered back with at what cost to small communities that depend on families like mine who travel and ride our motorcycles and dirtbikes and buy services from the local business. Not to mention the RV companies, motorcycle companies, etc...

To her credit she did respond. But is was the same BS non-answer that the first response had. She said the economy was more important to her then worring about closing off public lands.

Our other Senator, Maria Cantwell, didn't even respond. Pretty sure she joined her tree hugger counter part in voting support of the bill.