Connector Part Number

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't remember which pin specifically but here is the easiest way to tell. Turn the bike on, put the windshield all the way down, then check the voltage on the pins. One will be 0 and one will be 12-14v. That's the one you want.
Thanks for the tip, this really helps. Following your instructions, will the "one I want" voltage fluctuate also with the height of the windshield? Or will it always be a constant 12-14v while the ignition is on? Thank you for your help.
Constant, once the key is switched on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Constant, once the key is switched on.
Thanks Fred. This farkle will provide two purposes. First, that annoying windshield auto-retract will finally stop functioning. Next, I'll have a good source for switched power for my auxiliary light relay. Thanks to all who contributed their experiences & knowledge.

I don't plan on any other electrical goodies for the future. That is why I won't be adding a supplemental fuse block. If I change my mind I'll add a BlueSea. Here is a drawing of how I plan to wire my lights:

FJRfuegoLightCircuit.jpg

Thanks Fred. This farkle will provide two purposes. First, that annoying windshield auto-retract will finally stop functioning. Next, I'll have a good source for switched power for my auxiliary light relay. Thanks to all who contributed their experiences & knowledge.
I don't plan on any other electrical goodies for the future. That is why I won't be adding a supplemental fuse block. If I change my mind I'll add a BlueSea. Here is a drawing of how I plan to wire my lights:
That looks perfect. Nice job with the drawing by the way...

But I am sure you will have more things to add that require an ignition switched 12V in no time at all. You probably won't be able to fit a a Bluesea box anywhere in the front end. At least I know I couldn't find a place in my 1st gen, which are known to have more space up front than the 2nd's. What I did instead was run the relay controlled 12v bus to one of these:

Radio Shack terminal strip

Actually, I cut mine in half and use one half for the switched 12V distribution and the other half for my grounds. It easily tie wraps in position on one of the lower frame rails in the nose fairing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it's only about a year too late for my use, but I think I've finally sourced a supplier for this connector!

Part number:

2P090K-SMHM

Click Here...

Again, I hope this helps someone else out in the future.