Considering a '12 FJR1300A. What would be fair price to shoot for?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marko

Reaction score
Getting ready to buy a house. Been without a bike since I sold my '08 Wing almost two years ago. Can't take it any more and don't want to spend the money on a Wing, so looking for something I can commute to work with and still do the occasional IB when I feel like it.

There is one at a dealer near here, but before I go in and start haggling, I want to have my ducks in a row. Any input would be appreciated.

Let's see...

Cycletrader.com has many for $14K. There is one ont here for $13K: Joliet, IL Willy World Cycles. These prices would be +tax, ship $(500) and prep ($500) I would bet.

If it were me, I might call the dealer above and find out the specifics, then visit the local dealer to haggle. I would suspect that your local dealer can match or come close. If the cycle is not local, you might consider a fly-and-ride.

You could probably cut and even better deal than this with the right leverage and proper haggling. ;)

and check ebay for a baseline...there always are some brand new "zero" miles bikes for sale there...be sure you are checking a conventional shift "A" model and not a "AE"

also, call D&H Cycle, 18115 US Hwy 31, Cullman, AL 35058, 256-739-1840, 888-553-3311

they are argueably the best, up front, volume pricing dealership anywhere. I've called them when friends are looking to buy and right over the phone do they inform what they have in stock, and an "out the door" price (less tax & license). Again, useful info.

good luck

Mike in Nawlins'

In April D&H gave me an out the door quote of $13,799 on a 2012

If you really liked your Wing, you may or may not be happy with an FJR. A used Wing can be found for less than an newer FJR and will have plenty of life in it.

Last year I switched from a Wing to an FJR. I wanted to get away from the weight and the slow speed risk of dumping it.

First impressions, I loved the FJR. Really, much, much better on twisty roads. Much lighter, easier to handle. BUT.... it's not near as comfortable as a Wing. Decent weather protection, but not as good as a Wing. It's a different riding position and after a year I'm back at looking at Wings.

Good luck.

Ken

and check ebay for a baseline...there always are some brand new "zero" miles bikes for sale there...be sure you are checking a conventional shift "A" model and not a "AE"

also, call D&H Cycle, 18115 US Hwy 31, Cullman, AL 35058, 256-739-1840, 888-553-3311

they are argueably the best, up front, volume pricing dealership anywhere. I've called them when friends are looking to buy and right over the phone do they inform what they have in stock, and an "out the door" price (less tax & license). Again, useful info.

good luck

Mike in Nawlins'
I bought my last two bikes after doing most of my price discussing over the phone. They have less control over the deal and you have nothing invested, like travel time. Also, I was able to be less emotionally involved when I didn't have the shine and chrome gleaming back at me. I knew what I was interested in, made my picks, and called around for the best pricing. I'll never know if I may have been able to get a lower price, but I was happy with what I did negociate. I'd say, calling is a good way to start, because they will be very flexible to get you into the retail location.

$13,700 b4 TTL. Fair price, depends on where you buy it (2012). Here in TX, $15,000 easy. I saw an advertisement for a 2012FJR, new, zero miles being advertised for 13,500. Then when I called, the numbers changed to $16,400 with the best price being $15,300. If your dropping money, a good deal should be fair, if financing, then your at the mercy of the stealership. TX is hard to haggle in and I posted about that in this forum. Got gr8 advise (thanks folks). AE ver is 2009, none for 2012 and watch the stealership if you do see any leftovers. Just my cents ;)