Considering an addition to the lineup...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that 848 is a cool bike and the perfect size.
Most say the 1098 is just "too much" for the street - especially the brakes.
Really, whose the most? I've never heard the 1098 is too much for the sreet, and in my opinion it isn't. It's a litre bike, and like most, requires a certain amount of skill. As for the brakes, they are the BEST there is, right off the Moto GP (DD) bike, how can they be too much? Moderation in all things geasshopper (except for horsepower), including grabbing a handful of front brakes (one or two fingers only please). In reality, it does take control and some maturity to ride the 1098 (R5, R1, ZX('s)14, FJR, etc., ad nausium, on the street -BUT DAMN, IS IT FUN!

Love just about all the Dukes. The fit and finish is also awesome! I had thought about getting the 1098, but figured if I made a move, I could buy a busa and another KTM for about the same price.

So my wife was out shopping with a girlfriend earlier this week and comes home all excited. "Honey", she says to me, "I just saw the most gorgeous bike on display at a store. It was a red Ducati 1098. Why don't you think about buying something like that?"
"Sweety", I say to her, "that suggestion right there proves that I've absolutely married the right woman and I love you more than you will ever know because of it. But I think you've completely lost your mind." :p
Wish I had a women like your SO.

Now that is an invitation to get the DUc :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

So my wife was out shopping with a girlfriend earlier this week and comes home all excited. "Honey", she says to me, "I just saw the most gorgeous bike on display at a store. It was a red Ducati 1098. Why don't you think about buying something like that?"
"Sweety", I say to her, "that suggestion right there proves that I've absolutely married the right woman and I love you more than you will ever know because of it. But I think you've completely lost your mind." :p

...and then you headed to the Ducati dealership. :rolleyes: Right?

...and then you headed to the Ducati dealership. :rolleyes: Right?
You know, I'm just not that into pure play sportbikes - probably for the same reason I'm not that into cruisers: too singularly dimensional for what I want out of a bike. That's not to say that I don't thoroughly enjoy looking at them or watching them on the track because I do. Just no desire to own one...

You know, I'm just not that into pure play sportbikes - probably for the same reason I'm not that into cruisers: too singularly dimensional for what I want out of a bike. That's not to say that I don't thoroughly enjoy looking at them or watching them on the track because I do. Just no desire to own one...
I'm still "into them" but my middle aged body isn't so much. For me a day of sporting is riding the VFR around... ;)

But I still have a soft spot in my heart for the Ducati song...