Considering an FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming from an 02 K!200LT and an R1150RT before that along with a few early 90's CBR1000F's I now have an 09 FJR1300 and I love it. I just came back from a 6 day trip to WV putting on about 1400 miles and other than the stock seat and windshield those are the only changes I made. The bike is great on the highway, no problems with tractor trailers, or crosswinds. Very stable and more than enough power.

I ride highways and back roads with and without luggage and this bike handles well and the ride is very smooth. I haven't had any problems with my wrists or back pain and I'm going on 50 yrs old.

Your 1100XX was similar to my older 1000F's and this bike is just as fast if not faster and handles similarly. If you can find one for a price you're happy with take it for a test ride and see what you think.

Good Luck

Welcome fellow Canadain!

I just purchased an 09 a few weeks ago and absolutely love it. Like you, its my general commuter too and I hit the gym every morning. Bags are dandy for that. I moved from an 06 Ninja 500 (greater starter bike), I am still getting use to the huge weight difference which makes it super smooth when riding but a pain when moving it around in a parking lot. Wind was a big issue on my last bike, this bike handles the wind much better but of course I have only gotten around 2,000 km on it only once so far in any serious wind.

I love this thing, its great!!!!