Coocase S48

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick google search comes up with other forums that have some that have tested them out Doesn't sound too bad for the money.

Alexi

Coocase S48.L2 is my final vote. Will get it this summer. Has the upgraded light kit. At TwistedThrottle, I believe. Had been looking seriously at Shad, as well.

Just got my Coocase 48 and mounting bracket from Twisted Throttle yesterday. Looks really nice! Fits two large full face helmets without any problems. What sold me on this one was that the brake light kit was no additional cost - and the remote lock & alarm is a neat bonus. Will be mounting it over the weekend and will take lots of pictures!

I did quite a bit of research before I bought my case. Compared the Givi, Coocase and Shad, ended up with a Shad after going to Daytona to see the cases in person. Easy install, nice profile to the bike, will swallow two modular helmets (LG/MED). Cost less than a Givi, comparable to the Coocase but in my opinion better workmanship and customer support.

That is my 2 Cents and nothing more.

Just got my Coocase 48 and mounting bracket from Twisted Throttle yesterday. Looks really nice! Fits two large full face helmets without any problems. What sold me on this one was that the brake light kit was no additional cost - and the remote lock & alarm is a neat bonus. Will be mounting it over the weekend and will take lots of pictures!
Look forward to the pictures...

Reserving my seat for the pictures as well. I'm interested in this case and am wondering how it mounts (does it mount to the existing tail) because I would like to keep my Smuggler installed in addition to using a top case on long trips.

Sorry for the late response... I was able to install the mounting plate over the weekend but then discovered there was not enough wire to reach the battery (for the brake lights). I was surprised to discover that the FJR battery is way up in the front instead of under the seat like I am use to. I have to go get some extra wire to splice in. I'll post the pictures of what I have so far later today!

By the way, I'm interested specifically in how this mounts to the bike. I want to retain the use of my Smuggler in addition to a top case when on long trips.

Okay, here are the pictures I took so far. Only got as far as mounting the base bracket and now I have to get some wire to make the brake light connection to the battery.

First up we have the case itself....

001.jpg

002.jpg

And this is the bottom plate that the case locks into along with a decrative cover you can put in place when the case is not attached...

003.jpg

And this is what the bottom of the plate looks like...

004.jpg

Here is the wireless remote (with key) as well as the regular key...

005.jpg

Here is the base bracket before I mounted it....

007.jpg

And after....

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

I like the way it mounts directly to the stock bracket and it sits low and sleek!

I'mm post the rest once I finish up with the job sometime this week!!

Thanks. The pics look good, and the fit (so far) is exactly what I was hoping for. Which part number is that for the bracket?

Thanks. I saw that one, but there are a few choices in the drop-down box for the product and I wasn't sure what to do. I assume you didn't select anything in the drop-down and just added it to the shopping cart as is?

No need to connect to the battery, just tap into the wires for the brake light and tail light. They run from the tail light, along the right side under the seat and towards the front of the bike.

I recommend Posi-Tap connectors.

If you are unsure of which wires to tap into, just do a search, the info is out there. You can also remove a tail-light bulb and see the wires for yourself.

Good luck.