Coocase S48

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE: I mounted the Coocase mounting plate to the base plate but I still do not have the brake light hooked up yet (which is also power for the lock release & alarm). Here is what it looks like so far....

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE: I mounted the Coocase mounting plate to the base plate but I still do not have the brake light hooked up yet (which is also power for the lock release & alarm). Here is what it looks like so far....
011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg
Hello Geed,

How solid the case feels while riding? Do you get much rattle? It looks great! How happy are you with this case? Congrats.

Best regards,

Newt.

I would also be interested in hearing how happy you re with the case now that you have had it for a little while.

I am still happy with the case! I've added the backrest pad for my wife and she says it is comfortable - she likes the extra security she feels by leaning back against something. As far as how solid it is.... it's pretty sturdy. It does flex slightly if you push against it but nothing I am concerned about. The only things I could complain about is I wish there was a way to disable the automatic locking feature and I wish the brake lights where brighter - not that they are too dim, I would just like to have them brighter. Also, it would have been nice if they could have integrated the turn signals into it as well.

Over-all I am happy with it! More features than the Givi offering of comparable size and less expensive.

I am still happy with the case! I've added the backrest pad for my wife and she says it is comfortable - she likes the extra security she feels by leaning back against something. As far as how solid it is.... it's pretty sturdy. It does flex slightly if you push against it but nothing I am concerned about. The only things I could complain about is I wish there was a way to disable the automatic locking feature and I wish the brake lights where brighter - not that they are too dim, I would just like to have them brighter. Also, it would have been nice if they could have integrated the turn signals into it as well.
Over-all I am happy with it! More features than the Givi offering of comparable size and less expensive.
Thanks man. I appreciate you taking your time to answer my questions.

Beautiful bike, good luck buddy.

Best regards,

Newt.

It's been a few years and I am wondering how your coocase has held up and if you would still recommend it? Looks like I can get an s50 for $299 and Givi is double that after you match the features. Shad is also a strong consideration, but I do like the extras that the coocase offers. Thanks in advance for your time.

It's been a few years and I am wondering how your coocase has held up and if you would still recommend it? Looks like I can get an s50 for $299 and Givi is double that after you match the features. Shad is also a strong consideration, but I do like the extras that the coocase offers. Thanks in advance for your time.
My son bought one for his 06. He never really cared for it, the lights were useless, and the auto lock feature, which cannot be shut off, is a PIA (always worried about leaving the keys inside). He sold it and bought a Givi, which is built much better.

Anybody heard anything about these case?

<a href="https://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4417/686" target="_blank">Coocase S48</a>
These are much nicer looking than the Yamaha box.

I've had the Astra S50 for about 10 months now. It was considerably cheaper than the Givi similarly equipped, and I think built as well. The remote lock/unlock works fine, but the lights & alarm that came with it are pretty pathetic. The silver lid matches my '11 perfectly. If you want the better lighting system, you can get the upgrade kit for about $120. I'm happy with its size & performance. :)