Corbin Close VS. Corbin Standard

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harvey

Reaction score
I'm looking for someone who has tried both the Corbin Close and Corbin Standard saddles on a GEN1 FJR.

Which would be more comfortable for me?

I am 5'8" with a 29" inseam.

I'm looking for someone who has tried both the Corbin Close and Corbin Standard saddles on a GEN1 FJR.Which would be more comfortable for me?

I am 5'8" with a 29" inseam.
i've sat on both but for an st1300. I like the up close seat but i'm only 5'6 , 29 in inseam and 155 pounds. You've listed your height and inseam (which would definitly qualify for a corbin close) but weight will also be a big factor. Depending on how your built, you may need the extra room. If i was going with the dual canyon, my pick would be the up close. This will give your passenger more room and make it easier to touch the ground at a stop (make sure they narrow the sides of the front). Also be prepared to go through "send backs" with corbin if the seat shows up with questionable quality. You'll probably not run into that with the dual canyon, but make sure you go over the seat with a fine tooth comb when you get it. I had 6 sendbacks before i got something that i was expecting with my 2 piece. corbin did work through my issues on their nickel, but it was a hassle i could do without. I didnt have a similiar problem in the past when ordering their one piece.

GreyGoose