Corbin discount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsego

Reaction score
I am in the market for a Corbin seat for my Gen II. Does anyone know if they ever have any kind of factory sale. Riding season in about over where I live so I am in no hurry. Also, of all the bikes I have had from cruisers to Goldwings I like my FJR by far the best! What a great ride.

Just hang tight for a couple of months and keep up a post in the wanted section and you'll snag on that just isn't right for the purchaser for whatever reason. I love mine and find the incresed contact area to provide all the comfort i need for regular (up to 1000km's/day),...Have not put more on per day than that. A couple of things to know about the seat are;

It will NOT despite their "lower" sounding claims help you in you'r foot/ground posture as the width of the seat actually makes it a bit more awkward at footing around speeds. And if you order the passenger backrest with the rear seat the placement of the oval because of the support rod does not let the pillion get back enough to prevent the feeling of having someone on top of you'r ass bacause their being pushed forward,....Unless of course you'r living the dream with the sig other @ 125#s.

Cheers

Don

It will NOT despite their "lower" sounding claims help you in you'r foot/ground posture as the width of the seat actually makes it a bit more awkward at footing around speeds. And if you order the passenger backrest with the rear seat the placement of the oval because of the support rod does not let the pillion get back enough to prevent the feeling of having someone on top of you'r ass bacause their being pushed forward,....Unless of course you'r living the dream with the sig other @ 125#s.

REALLY? Not sure what Corbin seat you have, but mine is not wider than the stock seat, and I know for a fact that my feet can touch the ground easier. I actualy measured this when I got the seat...my heals, which could not touch the ground on both sides at the same time , now can be placed pretty solidly down when I come to a stop. Tape measure showed a drop of 3/4 of inch when I got the seat.After seveal thousand miles on it, it seems to have broken in a bit more and my feet are more solidly placed down...or perhaps I am getting taller? LOL

I did not order the passenger seat, as my wife was happy with the stock one. (she liked the higher textured surface too) so don't know about the backrest.

If you have the heated seat, added "Gel" or perhaps a different cover, I can see how you might not find a difference. And keep in mind too that you can order one that is cut "thinner" at the front to help if you are height challanged. (mine is not the special order seat BTW)

I love the seat, the stock one was a pain in the, well, you know.

KM

I am in the market for a Corbin seat for my Gen II. Does anyone know if they ever have any kind of factory sale. Riding season in about over where I live so I am in no hurry. Also, of all the bikes I have had from cruisers to Goldwings I like my FJR by far the best! What a great ride.
I contacted them regarding a group buy a year ago and they said that it against their policy. I also contacted several of the vendors advertised here who give good discounts. The reply was that they are not allowed to discount Corbin products. Keep watching the classifieds here or pay full price.

I will have a 'lightly' used Corbin for a Gen II available for sale in about a month. If you are interested send me a PM and I will let you know when it's available.

I had a Corbin on another bike and bought it directly from the Corbin store @ Ormond Beach, FL during bike week. They had iirc 20% off during that time. Not sure that's an every year deal, but you could call and find out easy enough.

Of course, I live semi-local (Ormond is ~60 miles north from me), so it was a little easier to deal with them/go to the store during that time.

REALLY? Not sure what Corbin seat you have, but mine is not wider than the stock seat, and I know for a fact that my feet can touch the ground easier. I actualy measured this when I got the seat...my heals, which could not touch the ground on both sides at the same time , now can be placed pretty solidly down when I come to a stop. Tape measure showed a drop of 3/4 of inch when I got the seat.After seveal thousand miles on it, it seems to have broken in a bit more and my feet are more solidly placed down...or perhaps I am getting taller? LOL
I love the seat, the stock one was a pain in the, well, you know.

KM
My guess is that their design/build team makes subtle changes from time to time,.. and that foam fill, shaping and covering,... perhaps tension may change, based on input and comments from customers good/bad. And prolly depends on who of 5 different guys got the build order and the the way he interprets the final shaping? Mine is wider at the edge of my inner thighs making my legs spread wider to get to ground even though the seat pad is lower by 3/4 of an inch (yep,.. got a level out and made marks on the windshield). I'm 5' 11", 32" inseam @ 170# and definately love the Corbin but do have to be just as carefull with slow speed manuvers as the CRAP stock seat.

Don