Corbin has the 06 seat up on the web page

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks,

I guess I will take the trp :) The drive is about 5 hours and they would like me there at 9am so I guess I will leave my house at 4am.

Man, that's a nice looking seat! I just spent 7 days on my stock seat and was in severe butt numb pain the whole time. That was in the low position. I'm now going to try it in the high position to see if I have the same problem, (didn't think of that till I got home, idiot) and if I do this looks like the ticket for me. After day 6 of agony I would have gladly paid this price for comfort.

Just wonder why the manf. can't get it closer to right.

Sponge Bob

Do you guys think it is best to take the ride so that I can get fitted there and be done with it or should I just have them ship it?
No question, make the trip and "be done with it." After 3 seats (on different bikes) and too many "returns" on each go around, I finally got smart on the FJR's seat and went up there from San Diego (400 miles). I made an overnight out of it and was well worth it. Plus, Corbin is a cool place to spend a Saturday morning & talked with Mike himself.

Just wonder why the manf. can't get it closer to right.
No doubt. I often question that myself. A sport-tour bike should have a 500 mile/day seat. Obviously, when it comes to any ergos there'll be exceptions, but I think simply a better quality foam would do a lot to please the masses. I've gone to great length & expense to find a good seat - several variations of a Corbin, AirHawk, beads, sheepskins, but so far the best was send the stock seat to Sargent and let them insert good foam (and many guys do this on their own for negligible cost which I'll probably do next time).

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you stay? Can you suggest a good hotel?
I ended up at the Comfort Inn in Gilroy about 17 miles from Hollister. Hollister has motels, but I think I went with lower price. Comfort Inn was fine, several restaurants & a 7/11 nearby and it had a heated pool & jacuzzi. It was also gated (so maybe that's bad!?!). I'd stay there again.

Comfort Inn

Thanks,
I guess I will take the trp :) The drive is about 5 hours and they would like me there at 9am so I guess I will leave my house at 4am.
Hmm,

You're not too far from me Spridal. When you planning on heading up there? Maybe i'll go with you. This 29" seat height is just bs. Maybe i can get it custom made to the standard 32.5 inch like the 05 fjr