Corbin Modular

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rondo777

Reaction score
Well, I just recieved my new Corbin Saddle. Its beautiful and looks great on the bike BUT.................I'm 5'7 with a 30" inseam. The reason I bought the seat was because it is advertised to be 29" off of the ground compared to the 31.5" that the stock seat is at the lower setting. With the stock seat I am tippy toed on the bike and I thought that the reduced 1.5" would be just about right to get me flat footed. DIDNT WORK! Either the seat isnt any shorter or it's a little wider and makes up for any differance in the way my feet reach the ground. I'm still tippy toed and if there is any difference at all its very hard to tell. In any case I do like the look, and will use the new saddle. I ordered the Smuggler as well and will consider the whole thing a cosmetic farkle rather then a fix for the shortness that is me. So all you shorties beware, Corbin is not the answer to getting your feet planted on the ground. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
or it's a little wider and makes up for any differance in the way my feet reach the ground.
You guessed it. Mine gets me a little lower to the ground. But it's hard as a rock. My butt is not liking the Corbin. Time to go ahead and get a taller but more comfortable Russell!

or it's a little wider and makes up for any differance in the way my feet reach the ground.
You guessed it. Mine gets me a little lower to the ground. But it's hard as a rock. My butt is not liking the Corbin. Time to go ahead and get a taller but more comfortable Russell!
I have a corbin saddle I picked up off the classifieds here a couple months back, not the modular one, but it works with the modular Smuggler I have on the back. It is lower. If you're interested in a swap, let me know, as I like the "feel" but don't like how low it sits.

Last edited by a moderator:
I peeled the skin on mine and cut the foam on the sides to mimick the stock seat.

Got rid of the camel hump right where my nuts like to be,

trimming the sides like the oe, significantly helped with reaching the ground,

did the foamectomy to move the rear support forward,

wacked off and replaced the passenger seat with softer uphostery foam,

inlayed a gel pad for the rider.

That was 25K ago, and I'm still happy. :)

It is tons of work, but a real cheap option if you already have the Corbin church pue.

Total project cost was around $160.

The foamectomy instructions has a lot of good advice about the rivets.

I have a corbin saddle I picked up off the classifieds here a couple months back, not the modular one, but it works with the modular Smuggler I have on the back. It is lower. If you're interested in a swap, let me know, as I like the "feel" but don't like how low it sits.

I just got off of the phone with Corbin, they asked me to send it back as they claim they will be able to modify it for me to get me lower and more forward at no charge. They where surprised that the guy who took my order didnt ask for my demensions durring the original call. I'm going to box it up and ship it back. Thanks for the offer though.

I'm think it's the width. I have the same dimentions and could plant most of my foot with the stock seat on, with the Sargent I'm closer to my toes. I find it helpful to get right up to the tank when I stop since the seat is more narrow there. Hope it works better for you when you get it back.

I'm think it's the width. I have the same dimentions and could plant most of my foot with the stock seat on, with the Sargent I'm closer to my toes. I find it helpful to get right up to the tank when I stop since the seat is more narrow there. Hope it works better for you when you get it back.

Your deff right about getting up on the tank. I was able to do that with the stock seat and it did help. The Corbin is built up in the front at the tank, it's like the thing has a nut hugger built in! I hope thats part of what there going to alter. Thanks for the good wishes.

Your deff right about getting up on the tank. I was able to do that with the stock seat and it did help. The Corbin is built up in the front at the tank, it's like the thing has a nut hugger built in! I hope thats part of what there going to alter. Thanks for the good wishes.
Now that you mention it, I seem to recall Corbin saying their seats keep you from sliding forward. I'd call them back and ask, otherwise you might be better off working out a trade with someone.

Same here. I think my Corbin was the biggest waste of money. 10k+ miles on it and it's not any better. Oh well. Lesson learned...