Corbin seat for long trips??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQUIDO

Reaction score
Like to hear some opinion about CORBIN seat.im schedule for ride in at their site this week to have

a cutom front/pillon and backrest.How would this seat confare ohh lets say mayer or sergent and other

custom seat. is corbin good for long trips??im thinking that others will offer more for the money

what you guys think. any comments or sugestion are welcome.This is my first FJR(06) and mainly for long trips with the wipee on the pillon.I have other bike for short trip around town.(05 gixxer 1000)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've put over 24k in long trips with my pervious bike. The first year, i was too cheap to buy a corbin and by the end of the trip the bike felt like a broomstick up my @ss. I bought the corbin as soon as i got back and never felt another ounce of pain.

Couldn't stand the Corbin that came with my '04. Dumped it for a Rick Mayer and found LD Nirvana.

yA lOVE's eM oR yA hATE's 'eM.

Your butt is not like my butt is not like his butt, nor her butt. That's not a bad thing is it?

The '06 stock seat for MY butt is better EXPONENTIALLY than the stock seat on my '04. Still, I bought the Corbin just to have a nicer pocket for my cheeks. And sit a little lower.

Getting ready for WFO. The Corbin will either break in, or break ME in, on my '06. If I was to put one on the earlier bikes, well, I wouldn't. I'd get a Russell or Mayer. I would have for the '06 too, but Russell couldn't get me done in time, AND they were a little leary about keeping my butt as low as the low stock setting. That made me nervous. Plus the bull nose was going to be wider, effectively putting me farther off the ground.

So far, I like it better than the stocker and a LOT better than the '04 seats.

After WFO, I'll let you know what 7000 miles on a Corbin is like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the heated 2 piece Corbin, not the Yamaha accessory one. It is excellent! I'd buy another one.

Not at all happy with the corbin, I've tried their seats on other bikes as well, same deal......owwwwwww.

Some friends and I did a nice run this past weekend to Ottawa, and I gave the Corbin one last chance before I list it.

yA lOVE's eM oR yA hATE's 'eM.

its gotta go :thumbsdownsmileyanim: