Corbin seat not that great

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldryder

Reaction score
did my 1st extended cruise on 05 FLR with corbin seat and I'm not impressed. my butt was getting sore after less than a full tank.

I've ridden other bikes for 600 miles plus in a day without ever getting butt pain.

just a bit of feedback for those considering a seat upgrade.

mark in MN

Maybe not great, but way better than stock.

I've done 950 miles on the corbin, but it took a lot of advil!

I've done over 1100 miles on my Corbin at one stretch, but I did have cycling shorts on for a little extra padding. I think it helps a lot that I put about 300-500 miles on every week, so my butt is conditioned. All that said, I am still going to go with a Russell once I can scrape up the money.

Corbins are very firm. They are nice for shorter rides but long ones tend to hurt, just my opinion of course. I have a Bill Mayer now and it is great.

oldryder,

You aren't the first to say that the Corbin is too stiff. Numerous here have said the same.

WW

It took my Corbin about 500 miles before it "set" to my seat. It is firm, but does seem to mold to fit you after using. Try parking in the sun for a few hours before you get on. Of course, this may cause severe heat rash and burns to the nether parts of your body. :rolleyes:

Purely a matter of morphology. Early on, I replaced stock with the Corbin heated seat. Have spents hours and hours at a time in it and it never occurs to me that the seat is there. The seat, once broken in, is also significantly lower than stock (by about 1.25 to 1.5 inches) which was very helpful to me. On the other hand, Corbin's customer service went totally walk about at the time of my purchase; I had a few minor issues with the installation that I eventually resolved, but several tries to get Corbin to contribute to the exercise were ignored.

Wow, I picked up a slightly used Corbin from lotecredneck a couple of months ago and love it. It was custom built for added height, so maybe that is a factor. I've put about 700 miles on it now and it is worlds better than stock. (I'm too cheap to go Russell :rolleyes: )

Corbin makes a good seat.

But hard as a rock have not beenable to get it broke in yet an 05 here, also to wide.

Mine on my concourse was great ride all day and not bother some at all..

They will use different foam than their xtra firm foam you have to ask for the softer foam

I tried a Corbin on my Triumph and hated it. Tried the Yamaha "touring seat" on the FJR and didn't like it either.

I talked to Heather at Russell and she says they'll probably do another group buy this winter.

I'm savin' up.... :good:

Butts are all diffrent and thus what seat is good is subjective.

I love my Corbin , I can sit in it all day without issue. I know many find it uncomfortalble after an hour...

Much like helmets, you really can't take someones opinion on the fit without trying it yourself to be sure.

In the last bike group I belonged to, we had annual get-togethers, and I know for a fact that many saved themselves alot of time and money by being able to try out seats from diffrent makers before purchacing one for their own bike.

Lucky for me ... all the aspects of the Corbins seat that folks have reported are the very attributes I was looking for in a seat, so I bought my Corbin FJR seat without ever trying it out.

If the Corbin does not work for you , and you do alot of long distance ride'n , you likely can't go wrong with a more custom fitted seat like the Russel or Mayer.

Am sure someone will be willing to buy that Corbin off you.

KM

I'm happy with my Corbin. My Wife likes it but my Daughter isn't all that keen on it. I had my stock seat on earlier this week and I couldn't believe the discomfort on it.

I've got about 150 miles on my new Corbin seat. I'm liking it more and more. It's definitely lower than the stock seat, which folds my legs up quite a bit. I may send it back to get about an inch added to it.