Corbin seat owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recieving my Corbin seat tomorrow, how do you remove the plastic piece under the seat?
I just did mine last week. I removed the screws that hold down the tool kiit strap section. That allows you to move it enough combined with just a little twist on seat bracket one side to get the first tab out of the slot. the second one comes out easily afterwards.

Just give it a little twist, or push the front parts in, it'll pop.

SAVE that piece in case you go back.

I recieving my Corbin seat tomorrow, how do you remove the plastic piece under the seat?
I just did mine last week. I removed the screws that hold down the tool kiit strap section. That allows you to move it enough combined with just a little twist on seat bracket one side to get the first tab out of the slot. the second one comes out easily afterwards.

I fairly new to site, I haven't had time to get on as much as I like. I was thinking of getting the corbin how do you like, for long rides?

I have had mine (front only) for three weeks. did 400 miles this sunday and loved the seat. It is more surface area for the butt cheeks, but you can still get off the seat for a slow u-turn or fast peg dragging corner. people say they are hard, I think it feels so much better than the stock vinyl cynder block. I do wear the alpinestars padded shorts, which may contribute to the comfort. Going on a 2000 mile trip into Canada in two weeks. I will let you know how my ass feels after that.