Corbin Seat Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSimon

Reaction score
I'm sure some of you have Corbin seats on your bike, has anyone ever seen their carbon fiber leather texture? It's difficult to tell much from the small picture they have on the internet. I was wondering if anyone had seen this in person, if so, what did you think of it?

Thanks,

JS

I have one of the carbon fiber texture with silver pipingand its up for sale. email me if interested. Have a Russell day long which I prefer.

I have the seat you are talking about ,, love it ,, I got it from a forum member that used it once and his pillon nixed it ,, I have put 7000 miles on mine ,, no complaints ,,

I hear about how hard they are ,, mine broke right in ,,

I had a canyon dual sport on a previous bike, (Suzuki GSX1100G) and liked it. Watch leaving out in the hot sun though, mine got slightly discolored after a day at the beach. Could never get the color quite even again.

I have this exact seat. I have had no problems with it. Looks good and is much more comfortable for both rider and passenger. 10 days in CO this summer with out a single complaint.

JWS

I had the Corbin built optional Yamaha saddle on my '03: very supportive and comfortable. I find Corbin's to be a little bit more comfy, for me, than the Sargent/Mustang brand. However, Corbin quality does tend to vary and their fit usually leaves quite a bit to be desired. However, on my FJR there were no issues: built to Yamaha standards of quality?

The Corbin on my lil Suzook SM took grinding, drilling etc to get it to fit on the bike...just.

It will be interesting to see how good-hopefully-the stock '06 saddle is. It would be a welcome change, after spending that much $$ on a new bike to have a comfortable saddle...won't hold my breath tho. DFO <_<

Does this help?

643852corbin1.jpg