Corbin Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwight

Reaction score
I took the plunge and purchased the Corbin front, rear and backrest. I even went for the heater option. Never mind that I am a fair weather rider, I love this bike so much that maybe a warm ass will inspire me to extend my riding season for a few weeks, and it's only money right?

I have ridden only a few miles so far on the new saddle, but here are my thoughts. The first thing I noticed was how far the bars have seemed to move forward. I kept the stock seat in the low position and the bars are in the full back, (towards me) position. I had risers on my 05 but I was pretty satisfied with the set up of my 06, (especially if I would do a few miles on my R1 first)....until now. Is is because I am sittng lower that the bars seem further away? And while were on the subject, it is obvious that the seat is lower when riding but I don't reach the ground any easier, (maybe barely). I am 5'7" and without boots I am not flatfooted either with stock or with the Corbin, this is because the Corbin is wider.

My better half loves the new saddle! She has never had a backrest before though and I wonder if it's the saddle or the backrest? I am expecting a Givi V46 anyday now and was hoping the Corbin backrest would work with it, but I don't think it's gonna happen. I will give the Corbin some time, at least until I get back from Boone, but it may become my two up seat and the stock for when I am solo, and I will for sure be looking for risers.

I took the plunge and purchased the Corbin front, rear and backrest. I even went for the heater option. Never mind that I am a fair weather rider, I love this bike so much that maybe a warm ass will inspire me to extend my riding season for a few weeks, and it's only money right?
I have ridden only a few miles so far on the new saddle, but here are my thoughts. The first thing I noticed was how far the bars have seemed to move forward. I kept the stock seat in the low position and the bars are in the full back, (towards me) position. I had risers on my 05 but I was pretty satisfied with the set up of my 06, (especially if I would do a few miles on my R1 first)....until now. Is is because I am sittng lower that the bars seem further away? And while were on the subject, it is obvious that the seat is lower when riding but I don't reach the ground any easier, (maybe barely). I am 5'7" and without boots I am not flatfooted either with stock or with the Corbin, this is because the Corbin is wider.

My better half loves the new saddle! She has never had a backrest before though and I wonder if it's the saddle or the backrest? I am expecting a Givi V46 anyday now and was hoping the Corbin backrest would work with it, but I don't think it's gonna happen. I will give the Corbin some time, at least until I get back from Boone, but it may become my two up seat and the stock for when I am solo, and I will for sure be looking for risers.
My corbin backreast works with my yamaha topcase...but on my 05

Toecutter can help you with a givi adapter that moves the case back a bit and that would probably help you too...again, not sure if that fits on the 06, but I'm sure TC would help you find out.