Corbin Smuggler Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wonder if pierre (person who started thread) could parlez francais (decifer) some french sites that might have the other companys types of smuggler or atleast get a name / url for them?

Then a group buy ,, I'd be in .

wonder if pierre (person who started thread) could parlez francais (decifer) some french sites that might have the other companys types of smuggler or atleast get a name / url for them?Then a group buy ,, I'd be in .

I looked at that last year, and could not find anything similar.

Lots a company said that they were working on something, and the one that seems to have something close to Corbin soon is '' Fress Street Design or FSD "

Go have a look at the posts on the Hugger :unsure: that their selling and you will see why I'm going with Corbin ;)

I was supposed to distribute their products in Canada & US, after I got my hugger, I decided not to do so..... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
wonder if pierre (person who started thread) could parlez francais (decifer) some french sites that might have the other companys types of smuggler or atleast get a name / url for them?Then a group buy ,, I'd be in .

I looked at that last year, and could not find anything similar.

Lots a company said that they were working on something, and the one that seems to have something close to Corbin soon is '' Fress Street Design or FSD "

Go have a look at the posts on the Hugger :unsure: that their selling and you will see why I'm going with Corbin ;)

I was supposed to distribute their products in Canada & US, after I got my hugger, I decided not to do so..... :D
Probably the best bet is to find a dealer willing to work out a "group buy". The only problem if I were a dealer I would have is that Corbin quality seems to be the customer either gets a "EXCELLENT" one or a "___" one. This is the reason I ordered my Smuggler directly from Corbin so I didn't have to involve the dealer if I had problems.

For those of you who think it is overpriced, please construct / fabricate a like product yourself and let the rest of us know how much less $$$ than the $800 you can do it for!

Best Regards,

Shane

Well well, hold on boys. With all this hagglin and belly achin about this poor excuse of an over priced, sub-quality item I think its time to contact our very own farkle guru as in "SKYWAY". I think with some of the usual top notch engineering and fabrication, he could come up with probablly an all aluminum, water tight, color matched item to fit our needs or something of equal material and better quality. This would be a great item for the new website. And did I mention, group buy? Skyway................you there? If I'm out of line, my bad, just throwin this out there. PM. <>< :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well well, hold on boys. With all this hagglin and belly achin about this poor excuse of an over priced, sub-quality item I think its time to contact our very own farkle guru as in "SKYWAY". I think with some of the usual top notch engineering and fabrication, he could come up with probablly an all aluminum, water tight, color matched item to fit our needs or something of equal material and better quality. This would be a great item for the new website. And did I mention, group buy? Skyway................you there? If I'm out of line, my bad, just throwin this out there. PM. <>< :unsure:
Now that would be cool! Count me in

I seem to remember someone custom making their own smuggler that was hinged and watertight. A little bigger as I recall but it looked great....so any fiberglass experts out there??

I seem to remember someone custom making their own smuggler that was hinged and watertight. A little bigger as I recall but it looked great....so any fiberglass experts out there??

The corbin design integrates so nicely with the rest of the lines of the FJR that it would be hard to come close, unless someone actuall pulled a mold from the corbin. I thought the corbin was a fiberglass unit until recently when I drilled a hole through it for a wire for my Ipod, on the bottom where I drilled it appears to be rather high density solid plastic.

I too want to buy a Corbin Smuggler but here in the UK they are £600 ($1184).

Rip-Off Britain!!! :angry03: