Corbin Smuggler lock and key doesn't work

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim oneill

triplex
Reaction score
just received my new smuggler trunk from Corbin and the lock and key does not work

They say they'll send me another set but am wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Otherwise this thing looks to be terrific and the liquid graphite color is an exact match

If you can't open it, will you be able to remove the lock without using the key when you receive the new lock set?

They probably sent you the wrong keys for the cylinder. Should be a quick replacement once you receive the new cylinder and keys. I had a smuggler for my 1st Gen for several years. I think I actually only locked it once or twice. I just never kept anything all that important in there when I was off the bike. Besides, if it rains anything that's in there can (will) get wet. The lids seal well, but the lock itself doesn't. So you don't want to leave anything in there that can't at least get damp.

The key does not activate the lock, when I insert it it just spins. The lock/key is definitely defective. Called Corbin and the customer service/tech gal told me she'd send me 2 locks and keys to make sure I get one that actually works.

I agree that I'll not likely use the lock all that much however for all that money I want it to be right.

When I was the bike I'll put a piece of tape over the lock to keep the water out. The seal on the actual lid looks pretty good. We'll see!

I spent $940 total with shipping on this thing and it does look beautiful with a perfect color match. Just want that damn lock fixed!

The latch has a push button that can be locked to inhibit pushing it in. When it is unlocked that latch and push button still function just fine.