Could use some help with getting an E55

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auron

FJRForums' Red-headed stepchild
Reaction score
I'm totally lost. I just want the E55 but not sure if I need a mounting rack or a better rack or what. I also don't know what color options would look the best on my granite grey FJR AND which parts of the case even have a color choice. Has anyone here fitted one to a granite grey bike?

I duuno what do you think?

I'm totally lost. I just want the E55 but not sure if I need a mounting rack or a better rack or what. I also don't know what color options would look the best on my granite grey FJR AND which parts of the case even have a color choice.
Contact Premier Cycle Accessories and ask for Dwayne. This man knows his FJR's/Givi/Mounting racks and, is a long time supporter of FJR Events across the country!

I'm totally lost. I just want the E55 but not sure if I need a mounting rack or a better rack or what. I also don't know what color options would look the best on my granite grey FJR AND which parts of the case even have a color choice.
Contact Premier Cycle Accessories and ask for Dwayne. This man knows his FJR's/Givi/Mounting racks and, is a long time supporter of FJR Events across the country!
I wanted to just hit +1, but I have to say Dwayne is a really good guy. He spent time on the phone with me going over some Starcom stuff and he's a CFO sponsor. A stand up guy.

That E55 is a big case, I have one as well. Many here recommend the Givi rack and plate that replaces the factory grab rail. That particular rack ties into the structure of the bike and seems to give more support, though you can't mount a Corbin Smuggler with it in place. With that being said, I use an SW Motech rack that I like alot. I haven't noticed any problems with it and the E55 but there are others here that have far more knowledge of these things than I do.

That E55 is a big case, I have one as well. Many here recommend the Givi rack and plate that replaces the factory grab rail. That particular rack ties into the structure of the bike and seems to give more support, though you can't mount a Corbin Smuggler with it in place. With that being said, I use an SW Motech rack that I like alot. I haven't noticed any problems with it and the E55 but there are others here that have far more knowledge of these things than I do.

+1, ditto, etc. Definitely recommend the Givi SR357 rack if you're adding a monster E55 box to your bike. Once you see what's under your pretty plastic tailpiece, you'll be glad for the extra support with the larger base rack and extra support to the forward frame. Totally don't understand the beefed up capacity and load capabilities of a Givi box without adding support underneath it. What's that stock rack rated for, like 7 lbs? :huh:

Also plus one for PCA and their customer service. Shipped the wrong Admore LED kit for my E52 box (ironically I got the one for an E55!) and realized their error pretty fast. They sent me the right LED kit PLUS a FedEx call tag for return shipping on their dollar! <_< THAT'S good customer service, they have a customer for life...

Happy box hunting, I was going to hold out for an E55 but got a good deal on a 52 I couldn't pass up. Size is very similar, but dimensions are quite different.

I have that Givi rack and really like it. The grab rails come in handy when I bungy strap something to the rear seat. Also, it's given passengers something to hold on to. :bike: